intercooler

Moving out of Jersey....

i just told them when they called me that i live in NJ and will be moving there the first week in may. told them i had obligations here and i could interview over the phone if they wanted. apparently there is a lot of room for advancement in servpro. which i'm hoping for, i'm in line to be a supervisor at my job now in the next 2-3 years when my current one retires. but i can't stand the pettiness at my company and the stupidity of the management. one of the other reasons i wanted to get out of here. still havent told them yet im gonna try to squeeze a few vacation days out of them before i do :onthequiet:

Yea I've had a lot of views, and a few emails from my resume. I was just wondering how people get past the fact that they are not currently in state. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Servpro is a good company, Part of my job is business continuity, and disaster recovery. I'm familiar with a few of the servpro franchisees in some of cities where my company has offices. 

Put on your resume you are looking to relocate to a certain area.  In your cover letter state that you can cover your relocation expenses(most big companies will generally help relocate though).  Also put a local zip code in your monster/careerbuilder profile.  With that said, expect a LONG time before you hear from companies.  It took me about 6 months of countless job applications before I got an interview and about another 6-9 months before I actually got a job offer.

Just be aware that the Charlotte is getting a significant amount of growth, more so than the infrastructure can hold.  I was just down there finalizing my move and I-485 south out of Charlotte is a MESS!