Howard

Just another darn picture

Very Cool.

Any more shots from your drone yet?

Thanks.  Not too much from the Drone lately as I am having some issues with the GPS signal when the video is rolling.  They are sending me out a replacement module so I am waiting for that before venturing out to much.

Here is on video down by the lake in our development

Howard, this is off-topic, but do you happen to know of a source for Kodak HIE film?  It's been out of production since '07 I believe, so not sure if it's any good by now.  I see that Ilford has some IR film, but not sure about it.  I'll have to read up on it.  Thanks in advance.

Nice photo, as usual.   :music:

Ebay or craigslist or some specialized IR funs forum for film?

Some people make changes to digital cameras to shoot IR. And there is always Phase One Achromatic+ in IR configuration :)

Howard, this is off-topic, but do you happen to know of a source for Kodak HIE film?  It's been out of production since '07 I believe, so not sure if it's any good by now.  I see that Ilford has some IR film, but not sure about it.  I'll have to read up on it.  Thanks in advance.

Nice photo, as usual.   :music:

Ebay or craigslist or some specialized IR funs forum for film?

Some people make changes to digital cameras to shoot IR. And there is always Phase One Achromatic+ in IR configuration :)

I recall when I had a D70s that there was a kit to modify the sensor to shoot IR.  But I believe that when done, it was difficult to undo, if at all.

I presume that the Phase One Achromatic is a digital back for a medium format?  What do they work with, and how much are we talking about?  

I've got an F5 and all sorts of dark room equipment just sitting around and I feel bad for it all.  I was hoping to just find some film and shoot a roll or two.  Maybe I'll head over to Unique after work one day this week.

I was teasing. I imagine Achromatic+ costs well into $50k+ territory with camera and some cheap lens. Idea behind this digital back is great though. Camera's digital sensors are able to record more than just a visible light but also some UV and a IR. That's why most sensors have IR filters on top of them [and then anti-aliasing filter]. Achromatic back can be ordered without any filters on top of the sensor. You will need to use external filters to record desired light range. IR photography with this back is no brainer. But yeah, digital medium format is out of reach for most photographers.

I recall when I had a D70s that there was a kit to modify the sensor to shoot IR.  But I believe that when done, it was difficult to undo, if at all.

I presume that the Phase One Achromatic is a digital back for a medium format?  What do they work with, and how much are we talking about?  

I've got an F5 and all sorts of dark room equipment just sitting around and I feel bad for it all.  I was hoping to just find some film and shoot a roll or two.  Maybe I'll head over to Unique after work one day this week.