gleninjersey

Recommend An Entry Level Bow

My 12 year old daughter is interested in archery. She shot a bow during a Girl Scout trip & enjoyed it. Not sure how serious she is so looking for some recommendations.

She isn't interested in compound bows. Just a regular recurve bow. Where would I go to purchase one as well?

With out knowing how much she can pull back. I would go to an outdoor store near you that can size her correctly. If you don't want to do that, look into getting a bear youth recurve bow it is about 25 lb pull. They are inexpensive and you don't have to worry about her breaking it. Also get arrows rated for that draw weight and long enough to not fall off the arrow rest. Also look into a class or two with someone who understands female shooting stances so she doesn't get arm or chest bruises. Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T2MOZY?ref%5F=sr%5F1%5F1&s=sporting-goods&qid=1413237577&sr=1-1&keywords=genesis%20bow&pldnSite=1

A friend recommended it to me. I have to see how my step daughter feels before I get it. Positive reviews and in-expensive enough that it wouldn't kill me to eat most of it if she winds up not liking it.

C

With out knowing how much she can pull back. I would go to an outdoor store near you that can size her correctly. If you don't want to do that, look into getting a bear youth recurve bow it is about 25 lb pull. They are inexpensive and you don't have to worry about her breaking it. Also get arrows rated for that draw weight and long enough to not fall off the arrow rest. Also look into a class or two with someone who understands female shooting stances so she doesn't get arm or chest bruises. Hope this helps.

Was thinking about taking to Heritage in Easton to check some out.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/bows/olympic-recurve-bows/recurve-bow-packages.html

this is the place for Recurve bows .. good basic packages to get her started. if she wants to progress and learn good form habits, consider joining an archery club or get her involved in the JOAD program(Junior Olympic Archery Development)  she doesn't have to be an Olympian to get involved. not sure of your logistics but alot of clubs have this program for beginners.and you can find them on their website.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Archers/Junior-Olympic-Archery-Development