I was at EFGA today, on the rifle range, finishing off a few random rounds of .22LR through my Henry H001 lever action, when I had my first squib.  Heard a very quiet pop, held the rifle downrange for 30 seconds, and when I opened the action, out popped a spent casing.  Got a cleaning rod from my range bag, and the damn bullet is stuck about halfway down the barrel.

Since I had handguns with me, I couldn't go to a Home Depot on the way home (thank you for that, NJ!), so tomorrow I'll be going to pick up a brass rod.

Funny thing is, it was the very last round from a 222rd box of Winchester 36gr HP...I know this because I'd finished up the box on the rimfire range, then while cleaning up, noticed I'd left a few on the table and threw them in a bag to shoot later on the rifle range.  I'd taken a picture of the box so I never would buy that ammo again - it refused to cycle any semiauto .22 I own, but had worked fine in the lever and bolt guns.

Any tricks or tips for removing the bullet from the barrel?

Should I have gone back to the pistol range and thrown the gun over to the rimfire range?  I hear that clears problems with guns.

Let it soak in AeroKroil (that stuff is the BEST) or some other good penetrating fluid until you get a rod. Good luck finding anything at Home Depot or Lowes. I ended up having to order one from an online metal place, it was Rebel Metals on eBay. Ended up getting a couple rods in different sizes for my rifles. Make sure you get get something that is a little smaller than your bore size, not the actual caliber size...i.e. .308 bore is usually .300/.299, .243 bore is .237/.236 etc...But definitely let it soak first, it'll make life easier and pound from the breech end first. Muzzle end is a last resort. 

I shoot zillions of .22 in a sitting out of variably reliable firearms. It's not uncommon to have them explode in my face as they eject, and I have posted video of that on this site. Not sure how the heck they can cycle and then explode in my face after giving what is needed to cycle, but it happens.

I don't even check for a slug on failure to extract (.22 only!!!!). Somehow, out of tens of thousands of rounds, never ringed a barrel.

My buddy had an Advantage Arms kit and did the stack all the slugs available from the magazine into the barrel thing LOL.

I guess the good news is it's usually not a tragedy with .22 unless you shot something or someone.