EWC88

Split air condition help

So my dad is getting one of those ductless split ac units for our vacation house. He was originally suppose to get a Fujitsu but they are back ordered and they are telling him to get a Mitsubishi. He wanted me to do research on their comparison and what people think. So I decided to ask you guys to see if any of you have experience with them? He's look long at the 24,000 BTU one.

I'm a Fujitsu dealer and normally install them. But nothing wrong with Mitsubishi. They make a decent unit as well. The thing I like about Fujitsu over Mitsubishi is every supply house sells Fujitsu so parts are much easier to obtain when needed. There's going to be a waiting period to get Mitsubishi parts.

Thanks guys for the input so far. I know his unit will be for cooling only since heat is not needed in Hawaii lol. I think my dad is just worried because it was set on Fujitsu and now that it's backordered his only option is Mitsubishi.

Just got off phone with my dad he said yea that be great if you can and all, he also asked if either you know or your buddy what the future replacement unit of the one be discontinued is different from this one? Do you think he should wait?

Yea he doesn't care about heat at all, he just needs cooling. Do you know if the new model is better then the old in any major way?

Same seer, nothing else different except there's an inverter, and the compressor can run backwards to produce heat if desired. If not then don't set it to heat, & only use cool. This is probably why they are only making heat pump models from now on. This way they only have to make one unit per size instead of gearing a factory to make it both ways.

you'll pay a little less if you can find a cooling only unit ( no reversing valve for heat )

Though, i'd spend the money on an inverter unit, they can modulate a bit with BTU output and have some nice energy saving modes, as well as some "dehumidification " modes. 

Though, whatever you decide to go with, make sure size it properly by doing a Manual J calculation. " Bigger is better " when it comes to HVAC is NOT a good thing, an over sized a/c unit will be short cycling on and off and not de-humidify properly, leaving you a clammy room. 

$1,712 for both units? Or $1,712 a unit? Sorry might be dump question lol

Also DeerSlayer do you know if your supply houses can ship it directly out to Maui or a way to do that or is it better that I figure that out?

$1,712 for both units? Or $1,712 a unit? Sorry might be dump question lol

Also DeerSlayer do you know if your supply houses can ship it directly out to Maui or a way to do that or is it better that I figure that out?

That's the price for both the head and condenser. No line set though im sure they are available there when he is ready to install. highly doubt they will ship it to Hawaii for me though. Your going to need to take care of that.

Sorry may be dumb question once again, what do you mean by no line set?

And that's not a problem on shipping I just figured to ask to see if possible.

The line set is the copper lines that connect the evaporator and condenser ( inside/outside unit) to each other that carry refrigerant between each other

I specify Mitsubishi whenever I have a project that requires a split system.  Simple reason, they work.  I do commercial work and have never had a client complain about a Mitsubishi CityMulti. 

I'll complain about Mitsus. I have a one, with a heat pump. Died last winter and the repair shop replaced most parts and it still doesn't work. Spent nearly a grand for nothing. And parts took a LONG time to arrive. Not happy. It's out of warranty, too and they're expensive to install/replace (though that's true of any mini-split, I guess).