manidar

Info needed ASAP

Bringing firearms into NJ/USA from Pakistan.

Hi guys hope all is well. I have s question my dad left me couple Beretta Over and under shotguns and couple gand guns I believe it's a CZ Chez made from WW2.

How do I bring them here I am in NJ. I am planning a visit to see my mom and was wondering woukd it be easy to bring it here.

I have a FPID card and I do own hand guns here in NJ.

Thanks in advance

Google for ATF firearm import and find  FFL/Import Dealers licensed by ATF and specialized in imports.  That Import Dealer could be from anywhere in US. Once it makes there, the Dealer will stamp the firearms according to rules set forth by ATF and have them shipped to FFL in your state.  Expect to pay couple of grand in total.   There are customs and ATF fees involved too.

All this assuming they are legal to export out of country of origin, legal to import into US and legal to possess in NJ.

Bringing firearms into NJ/USA from Pakistan.

Hi guys hope all is well. I have s question my dad left me couple Beretta Over and under shotguns and couple gand guns I believe it's a CZ Chez made from WW2.

How do I bring them here I am in NJ. I am planning a visit to see my mom and was wondering woukd it be easy to bring it here.

I have a FPID card and I do own hand guns here in NJ.

Thanks in advance

Grifin and Howe seem to offer this service for shotguns and rifles. No handguns.

http://www.griffinhowe.com/importexport.cfm

Google for ATF firearm import and find  FFL/Import Dealers licensed by ATF and specialized in imports.  That Import Dealer could be from anywhere in US. Once it makes there, the Dealer will stamp the firearms according to rules set forth by ATF and have them shipped to FFL in your state.  Expect to pay couple of grand in total.   There are customs and ATF fees involved too.

All this assuming they are legal to export out of country of origin, legal to import into US and legal to possess in NJ.

This^^^^^^ is if you import through an importer and it could be done for well under $1000 if the shipping out of Pakistan isn't ridiculous. There is also a way to import small amounts of firearms without going through an importer, IF you are granted a waver (or something to that effect) from US Customs, these are usually granted for one time occurrences and you will probably need to have some reason to do so (competition shooting or something like that). Either way you will need to have them sent to an FFL and do the normal paperwork and background check.

Whatever you do - do not just try to ship them over without the proper paperwork set up before hand, customs will seize them and you'll never see them again.

EDIT: You will probably also need an exporter in Pakistan to handle the paperwork on that end.

So even it's a gift/inheritance I just can't bring them with me on the plane? Not the handguns what if I decide to bring just the shotguns?

No, they will be seized upon entry to the US and you'll never see them again.

The only things that import easy are antiques - made before 1899

This^^^^^^ is if you import through an importer and it could be done for well under $1000 if the shipping out of Pakistan isn't ridiculous. There is also a way to import small amounts of firearms without going through an importer, IF you are granted a waver (or something to that effect) from US Customs, these are usually granted for one time occurrences and you will probably need to have some reason to do so (competition shooting or something like that). Either way you will need to have them sent to an FFL and do the normal paperwork and background check.

Whatever you do - do not just try to ship them over without the proper paperwork set up before hand, customs will seize them and you'll never see them again.

EDIT: You will probably also need an exporter in Pakistan to handle the paperwork on that end.

You are right. The price depends on number of firearms, shipping to US, importer fees, customs (if any), ATF fees, local shipping (if any) and local FFL fees.

How difficult is getting that waiver ?  I didnt see any options for that waiver on CBP site. CBP keeps referring to ATF site.