17Pilot

Squarespace

Has anyone used it to create a website?  If so, what did you think?

I am looking at putting together a website that is a combination blog/e-commerce.  Zero website building experience.  But I do want a site that looks nice and works well.  If you are not a fan of Squarespace, what are you a fan of?  What are the pros and cons?

Thanks for the help.

Squarespace will work well for you since you have zero experience. I had a bunch of sites on wordpress and other applications that I hosted myself. In the end I switched to squarespace so I do not have to spend time on maintenance of things that do not really matter.

Squarespace have some weird issues from time to time but they eventually fix them. Support is fast and helpful.

They have a trial, so why not try them to see how it fits you.

I do not have experience with Squarespace but I avoided them years ago because there was no phone support. However, this might of changed over the years. If you are wanting more an e-commerce website I would recommend a company called 3D Cart. They have comprehensive e-commerce system that is both template based and allows you to edit their websites through FTP. You could most likely create a website without coding since their content control panel is really good. However, if you really wanted to customize the website you will have to preform some basic code editing. If you wanted to check it out their website is http://www.3dcart.com/ They also offer a free trial period and provides you the ability to create a blog. I hope this helps!