jackandjill

Franklin Twp PD - Cannot transport to range without FPID

Here: debate it with Evan Nappen:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would defer to him but I didn't get that from any read of the law. There must be something somewhere the says to be in possession of a firearm in public, you need it unloaded and to have your FID. But the exemptions, as he says it, is if it's cased and your on your way to or from a range. Then you don't need the ID.

This state is royally effed up. Makes me laugh to recall how as a 14 yr old, I would walk home from hunting with my 12 ga. Along the main road in town. With sometimes 25 rounds of 2 shot or a belt full of slugs or 00. Never an issue. Now as an adult, I can't stop at a drive thru for a burger if the same gun is locked in my trunk.

Friggin ridiculous.

And where's Christie on this stuff? Looking to compromise with Weinberg on "sensible" ..." All of the above" gun laws.

Idiot.

Sure  JnJ.  It can be difficult to discuss this stuff without getting annoyed.  I'm new here and have to do a better job of remembering which forum the posts was made.

I'm looking for the actual written law where it states what we're talking about.  If it exists, and Mr. Nappen seems to think it does, it's likely the basis for the Franklin Twp FAQ post, albeit still incomplete.  They would be ignoring the expemptions.

Sure JnJ. It can be difficult to discuss this stuff without getting annoyed. I'm new here and have to do a better job of remembering which forum the posts was made.

I'm looking for the actual written law where it states what we're talking about. If it exists, and Mr. Nappen seems to think it does, it's likely the basis for the Franklin Twp FAQ post, albeit still incomplete. They would be ignoring the expemptions.

Listen to Gun For Hire radio episode 194. Nappen covers this issue stating the applicable sections of the law

Sure JnJ. It can be difficult to discuss this stuff without getting annoyed. I'm new here and have to do a better job of remembering which forum the posts was made.

I'm looking for the actual written law where it states what we're talking about. If it exists, and Mr. Nappen seems to think it does, it's likely the basis for the Franklin Twp FAQ post, albeit still incomplete. They would be ignoring the expemptions.

Kevin this is where you need to stop or drive yourself crazy. There is no law that tells you what you CAN or cannot do. Laws are not written that way. These is no statute that says I am not permitted to slice my neighbors throat. The law just says murder is illegal. Get it?

All handguns are illegal unless you have a permit or posssss it in an exempt area. Long guns are legal anywhere if you have FID. (Don't anybody be a smart Alec of course prohibited person and gun free zones apply)

Search forums for key word "transportation" we beat this to death less than a month ago.