7.62fmj

Getting Out Of Here

So I just got my first apartment (been living a mixture of on campus and home for the summers) in Rhode Island (not much better than the people's republic, but a little) and I don't plan on coming back. I'll be there a year or so until I graduate and then free state here I come. So I guess here's to future adventures somewhere in America. On that note, which would you do first: ccw, sbr, something else?

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think if you get a non-resident CCW it goes to the RISP and you get the entire state.

I do know as a resident you 95% get CCW limited to your municipality (or area?).

I might be wrong but I would look into this first thing before you even leave the house tomorrow.

I lived there for 4 years during college, fun state. I lived one year on campus. Then one year on the East Side of Providence in an apartment. Then two years in the frat house. Best time of my life.

Not very gun friendly, but permits are obtainable depending on where you live. both my brothers own houses there, one is selling his to move to Florida currently. The other moved to Texas already and his daughter is living in his home there. My step mother also owns a townhouse there she rents out since she also moved to SC.

What College?

Rhode Island is may issue state and if you meet their license requirements you have a 50 % chance of getting a carry permit.

But, at least you have a better chance getting a carry permit in RI  than in NJ.

http://www.usacarry.com/rhode_island_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

And then Rhode Island has a  7 day waiting period for long guns and pistols. 

http://www.golocalprov.com/news/rhode-island-ranked-9th-worst-state-for-gun-owners

Good Luck

I lived there for 4 years during college, fun state. I lived one year on campus. Then one year on the East Side of Providence in an apartment. Then two years in the frat house. Best time of my life.

Not very gun friendly, but permits are obtainable depending on where you live. both my brothers own houses there, one is selling his to move to Florida currently. The other moved to Texas already and his daughter is living in his home there. My step mother also owns a townhouse there she rents out since she also moved to SC.

What College?

Johnson & Wales, you?

Rhode Island is may issue state and if you meet their license requirements you have a 50 % chance of getting a carry permit.

But, at least you have a better chance getting a carry permit in RI  than in NJ.

http://www.usacarry.com/rhode_island_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

And then Rhode Island has a  7 day waiting period for long guns and pistols. 

http://www.golocalprov.com/news/rhode-island-ranked-9th-worst-state-for-gun-owners

Good Luck

RI has some weird laws, they're not written that restrictively, but the culture isn't here and they're interpreted in that light. For example shall issue permits if you demonstrate a reasonable need so in effect may issue. And thanks.

Supressors

No NFA items, but at least there's no mag restrictions.

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think if you get a non-resident CCW it goes to the RISP and you get the entire state. I do know as a resident you 95% get CCW limited to your municipality (or area?). I might be wrong but I would look into this first thing before you even leave the house tomorrow.

Depends if you go through the AG or local police chief, laws here are almost as weird as NJ

Was food service management, recently accepted into nutrition program.

Cool, you were probably on a downtown campus then? I lived on the culinary campus in East Hall my freshman year. When I was there Nutrition was in the Friedman building.

Cool, you were probably on a downtown campus then? I lived on the culinary campus in East Hall my freshman year. When I was there Nutrition was in the Friedman building.

A bit of both actually, one year of class Harborside while living downtown, then one year of both down town, then this year l lived at harborside with classes on both sides. My schedule was all sorts of crazy this year.

A bit of both actually, one year of class Harborside while living downtown, then one year of both down town, then this year l lived at harborside with classes on both sides. My schedule was all sorts of crazy this year.

Yeah I can imagine, J&W campuses are all over the city. It's a ton of commuting, good thing they have a good bus system there. I used to hate walking to the Hospitality center for the dining hall or classes from Harborside in the freezing cold. That winter of 1996 up there was brutal. Good luck to you there at my Alma mater.

Yeah I can imagine, J&W campuses are all over the city. It's a ton of commuting, good thing they have a good bus system there. I used to hate walking to the Hospitality center for the dining hall or classes from Harborside in the freezing cold. That winter of 1996 up there was brutal. Good luck to you there at my Alma mater.

Yeah my walk from the bus to work was about a mile. Not bad until it's below ten degrees and the wonderful New England drivers are out on the ice. Thanks for the best wishes, nice to see JWU alumni into shooting.

Yeah my walk from the bus to work was about a mile. Not bad until it's below ten degrees and the wonderful New England drivers are out on the ice. Thanks for the best wishes, nice to see JWU alumni into shooting.

Yeah the weather there is hard core sometimes, makes a man out of you lol. I'm sure we're a rare breed in that particular culture to also be into shooting. Your job while your there, is to convert as many people on the fence about guns as possible to become pro gun. Every time you hit the range there try to take someone new with you. I'm into guns and shooting big time. But also providing the best meat possible for my family to eat, stuff you can't buy from a guy in a truck, or the supermarket. I know the animals I bring home were never injected with who knows what. That's important to me. I only like to cook and eat the best for myself and family.