Sign in to follow this  
halju

Intro to Precision Rifle

I recently acquired a late 1970's Remington 700 in .308 w/ a worn out Bell and Carlson Stock from my father-in-law. Went to the range a few times with it, and it was shooting all over the place. I had it checked out by a local gunsmith and he said the barrel is probably worn out and should be replaced. I did some research here on NJGF and found Tier One Defense. After going back and forth with Mike over message i made the drive up to his shop to have a new barrel Installed. Mike was very easy to work with and very helpful with all of my novice questions.  I got a call probably 3-4 weeks later that my rifle was finished. I went to pick it up, got the rifle home and went to throw it in the stock... The only issue i found was the contour of the stock would not accommodate a M24 profile. So i got some Sand paper and a PVC pipe and sanded away until i got it to fit properly. I plan on replacing it eventually, I'm looking to upgrade my optic first. I can say that Mike will be getting my future business for my AR and Bolt gun.  Thanks again Mike

post-6674-0-11970600-1434930249_thumb.jpg

post-6674-0-12282900-1434930260_thumb.jpg

post-6674-0-13517500-1434930525_thumb.jpg