Kimber45

Compact 308 build

Hello all... any AR10 builders here that can push me in the right direction... Originally I was going to build a SASS type ar10 but my interests have made their way to the other side of the spectrum. I am now thinking of a entry sized 308. I just got my Aero Percision M5 upper and lower. I would like to find a 14.5 mid length gas lite weight barrel. Seems like the only mid length 14.5 are carbine gas...of course the brake will be pinned and welded to follow NFA rulings.I am able to get a 16 mid gas and cut it down but id rather not. Ive been to Black hole and Reiner arms but 450. For a barrel is a little steep... also with this set up what buffer and spring would I be looking at? Iam planning on using an adjustble gas block so I can tune the gas system.... any advise would be welcome....thanks

308 stuff costs way more than AR15 items so be prepared.  The only 14.5 I saw was a Rainier arms ultra match for about 450.  You may shop around but buying a cheaper longer barrel and cutting it will probably bring you to the same expense.  Why not just go 16?  Probably cheaper.  I did mine with an 18" barrel and keymod rail based on Black Rain Ordinance matched set.  The price for the matched set wasn't bad at all.  I think most shorter barrels will have a carbine length gas system where as the 16's you may find choice.  

Are you going AR10 format or LR308?  I think there are more choices in the latter but I'm not completely sure because I haven't researched in a while.  

The Aero M5 is based on the DPMS Gen 1 SR308 series.. yeah prices are a bit diffrent but Ive been looking at a 308 build for a bit just didnt commit until I got the upper and lower.... now that the cat is out of the bag nothing left but to start on the build.....lol thanks for the info. If you think of anything else please let me know.....

The Aero M5 is based on the DPMS Gen 1 SR308 series.. yeah prices are a bit diffrent but Ive been looking at a 308 build for a bit just didnt commit until I got the upper and lower.... now that the cat is out of the bag nothing left but to start on the build.....lol thanks for the info. If you think of anything else please let me know.....