Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJM981

FPID Change of Address

Gram-Dident you lose your current FID during the move? Explain that when you go to apply for your change of address. Same thing happened to me.

No i have not moved yet. We are looking for a new home. My question was when i do move and put in for change of address am i not allowed to use my guns or have the ability to purchase new ones until the new card comes in? Will the old card still be valid for use?

It's more then 12 years since I ran from NJ and when I moved from Jackson to Lakehurst they asked to see my old one and they kept it. When I asked 2 months later I was told the entire application was trashed because I didn't pay which was BS. Reapplied and 3 months later it was ready BUT they spelled my name wrong, weeks later I finally got it.

Years later while cleaning here in NC I found the original receipt, I called and asked for a refund because it was around $50.00. I was told the woman who was handling the money was fired. Sent it in anyway with an explanation and never heard from them again. LOL

So if they take your card you're beat!

Wonder if this standard for all towns? 

No i have not moved yet. We are looking for a new home. My question was when i do move and put in for change of address am i not allowed to use my guns or have the ability to purchase new ones until the new card comes in? Will the old card still be valid for use?

Wonder if this standard for all towns?

if the PD takes your old FID card as many do when you apply for your change of address you will not be able to purchase handgun ammo in NJ untill you get your new card. If you "lost" your old card in the move you obviously can not turn it in. During the time that you are waiting for your new card you happen to find your old card you can still buy handgun ammo with it. You picking up what I'm laying down?
  • Like 1

if the PD takes your old FID card as many do when you apply for your change of address you will not be able to purchase handgun ammo in NJ untill you get your new card. If you "lost" your old card in the move you obviously can not turn it in. During the time that you are waiting for your new card you happen to find your old card you can still buy handgun ammo with it. You picking up what I'm laying down?

Understood. Thank you

But the new address on his D/L wouldn't match his FID, so he wouldn't be able to buy ammo in NJ with it anyway. If you take your copy of the permit you bought the handgun with, you can buy ammo in that caliber with it. PITA, but it does work.

Been out of NJ for a while so I am ignorant to many of the new laws.
You mean you need to show your FIDC just to by ammo?

What if you go to Pa and buy ammo and get pulled over in NJ with ammo are you guilty of a crime?
How about reloading supplies? Do you need a card also for brass, bullets, primers and powders?