weekend_junkie

TX CHL - carry rules in PA?

Actually PA. C. S 6106:b:11 says otherwise.  I sought specific interpretation of the law through the PA AG office and was told that my interpretation of open carry in a vehicle (with a permit from another state, regardless of reciprocity) was correct.  I suggest you contact them 

Actually PA. C. S 6106:b:11 says otherwise.  I sought specific interpretation of the law through the PA AG office and was told that my interpretation of open carry in a vehicle (with a permit from another state, regardless of reciprocity) was correct.  I suggest you contact them 

Please quote specifically what I said that contradicts this.

BTW, for your information, that only applies to NON-PA residents. Just in case it comes up for anybody you know in PA.

I wasn't sure from your earlier post, but now I'm clear why people don't like you.

No, I don't. I taught you it is required to TRANSPORT a handgun, SBR, AOW, or Machinegun (firearm for the purposes of this section, not to include long guns). Or any type of firearm in Philly, or during a state of emergency (which PA is in more often than not, and is now.) With defined exceptions. The law says "carry," I agree, but it's very important that you, as a n00b, understand that you can't have a handgun in the car without a permit to carry from any state. Not even unloaded in the trunk. That's why I prefer the term "transport" for dealing with Jerseyites, just to keep it short and to the point.

None of this dribble is on the topic. My question and this thread was specific to carrying with a permit and did not require your encyclopedic response.

I am imagining you are a gorilla beating his chest. Literally. I suppose it is a bit challenging to tap the space bar between words and sentences due to your lack of opposable thumbs. Deal with it

The question needed a "response," I agree, but it's very important that you, as a gorilla, understand that you can't have a tantrum in the thread without a purpose to just feel authoritative in any state. Not even unloaded in the trunk....

Actually, I do have a lack of opposable thumbs.

None of this was on topic, there has been thread drift and people giving out bad info in rapid succession. And then defending it by giving out more bad info and blaming me for it. Am I not allowed to respond?

You will notice that the thing you complained about is something I just taught you, and a lot of people here, that can save your ass some trouble. It seems to be a theme with me, trying to keep my Jersey friends (or you) out of trouble. A long running theme.

If you think I have nothing to contribute, please put me on ignore. It will keep the forum a little less cluttered.

Actually PA. C. S 6106:b:11 says otherwise. I sought specific interpretation of the law through the PA AG office and was told that my interpretation of open carry in a vehicle (with a permit from another state, regardless of reciprocity) was correct. I suggest you contact them

Thanks for this and the link in your other post.

I'm a big fan of training and have been looking to hone my skills (since I am a n00b, after all). I am interested to see that you offer courses.

Actually, I do have a lack of opposable thumbs.

Called it.

None of this was on topic, there has been thread drift and people giving out bad info in rapid succession. And then defending it by giving out more bad info and blaming me for it. Am I not allowed to respond?

You will notice that the thing you complained about is something I just taught you, and a lot of people here, that can save your ass some trouble. It seems to be a theme with me, trying to keep my Jersey friends (or you) out of trouble. A long running theme.

If you think I have nothing to contribute, please put me on ignore. It will keep the forum a little less cluttered.

It's just a tad grating that you seem to want credit for everything I know, as if I'm incapable of reading and interpreting legislation on my own. I also realize that Easter is just around the corner, but no need to crucify Pizza Bob over a mistake which he already conceded. I imagine you're trying to help, but you just come off sounding like a crass egotist and it dilutes your message.

I get your point about transport. That said, I'm not asking about transport. I wasn't asking about NFA either. Back on track, will my CCW allow me to carry openly or concealed in my vehicle? The answer seemed to be a simple 'yes'.

I'm a big fan of training and have been looking to hone my skills (since I am a n00b, after all). I am interested to see that you offer courses.

No worries... I hope it helps.  If you're in the market for a class, let me know.  We were all noobs once so we can all relate lol

His organization's classes are great, friendly and thorough. Well worth the investment, IMHO.
  • Like 1