Sign in to follow this  
GAPP

AR Beginners Course April 17, 2016

GAPP will be offering an AR beginners course on April 17, 2016 at Fort Dix Range 14. This course is the NRA First steps rifle course (specifically for the AR rifle platform). It is designed to introduce the new AR-15 owner to their rifle properly and safely. The classroom portion covers the history of the platform, disassembly, reassembly, cleaning, and aftermarket accessories... as well as the laws regarding rifles of this type. Several models are available to look at and will be used for demonstration in the classroom... and one can be provided for use on the range if you don't own an AR yet and just want to learn how to shoot one. After lunch, we head out to the range and zero your rifle... and see if you can hit a steel plate at 200 yards. The course length is approximately 6 hours and the cost is $180. If you're a new AR owner or if you've had one sitting in your safe for a while, come out and learn more about it. For registration info, go to http://gappnj.com/rifle/ar_beginners. The class size is limited so register soon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Zigzag22
      Hello, I am looking for somewhere to get my muzzle brake pinned on a budget. I am okay with shops in Southern NJ and PA.
      If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you!
    • By Smokin .50
      CNJFO HOG HUNT SUNDAY JAN. 26TH! SAVE THE DATE!
      A PORKTASTIC GOOD TIME W/ 2A PATRIOTS & FRIENDS!
      by Black Wire Media Wed. Nov. 13, 2019 www.cnjfo.com/join-us
      The Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners is proud to announce we've scheduled our first Hog Hunt of the new season for Sunday January 26th. So mark your calendars and watch for our event page & sign-up on our website (coming SOON!). The guided Hunt is ideal for beginners & anyone looking for a challenge since this is a "NO license, ANY weapon" affair held on a 150 acre island in the middle of the Susquehanna River near Harrisburg, PA. Raffles, swag, lunch included. Stay Saturday night & party with us (Dutch Treat) OR come Sunday. A great way to fill the freezer & support NJ's busiest 2A group!
      Hunt includes hot lunch served on the island, field dressed hog, goody bag w/ swag items, raffles for great prizes (BRING CASH ON ISLAND) & all the memories you can take home!
      We recommend V. Roche & Son Butchers in Whitehouse Station, NJ.  A CNJFO sponsor, they have a renowned reputation for excellent service!
      Register HERE:  
      https://www.cnjfo.com/event-3629844

• By medved11
      $85 shipped and insured Comes as shown (I don't have the original packaging) Scope body and glass are excellent condition The reticle can be displayed as Red or Green  PayPal preferred. If you use the Goods & Services option, then please add the appropriate percentage so that I net $85 Listing is cross-posted so preference will be given to the first unconditional "I'll take it"  

• By Iggyort
      I am looking to gauge the intrest in holding an " Introduction to Smallbore F Class " Clinic in 2020. The Clinic would be held in either Pa or NJ and would cover the following material:
      What is Smallbore F Class Rifle
      Optics
      Bipod/ Rest
      Ammunition
      Targets
      Basic Wind Reading
      Course of Fire

The Clinic would be taught by experienced SB F Class Competitors

• By medved11
      The Lantac straight-pull AR15 upper shown below is on consignment with Howell Gun Works, so the sale would be done directly through them (you can find it on their Facebook page); however, I can help answer any questions that you may have here. 
      Lantac Straight Pull AR15 Upper: $500 Lantac 18 inch 1:8 barrel chambered in .223 Wylde: chambering allows you to shoot either .223 or 5.56 specifically designed for manually cycled straight-pull rifles (no gas port) Lantac SPADA-M 15" forend (M-LOK) Lantac side charging upper receiver Lantac Dragon muzzle brake the brake is not pinned since this is not a semi-auto upper Lantac Enhanced straight pull side-charging BCG you manually cycle the action -  similar to a bolt action but much faster because there is no vertical movement required - just pull the side charging handle back to extract and rechamber) the BCG is specifically designed for manual cycling - there is not gas key on the carrier Lantac Raptor charging handle provides the option to cycle the action like a "normal" AR if desired (it's much easier and efficient to use the side charger)  

• All depends on the powder. If he is loading with a real fast powder like titegoroup the min and max are really close. I think 9mm is only like +.3 grains from starting to max..
    • Looks like old Sanjay hasn't laid hands on a patient in like 18 years. I guess the bold claims are pretty funny, in that context. Maybe he can practice his triple lumens on you.
    • @Mrs. Peel Thanks for the kudos.  The apathy is rampant.  Frustration is just the beginning.  Having members here wish for ranges to close permanently and complaining about wait times with a 25% capacity limit & new procedures being forced upon them to stay open got to my last nerve.  My reaction wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the responsible parties.  You're right (as usual) I am a nice guy.  Even nice guys have a limit, a measure if you will, beyond which both barrels will ignite.  I've reached it here.  The stupid hurts. And now for the good news! There's things going on (GREAT THINGS!) that the forum has no idea about and I don't have time (yet) to inform you all about.  Perhaps someone lurking has been on our Facebook page since the end of last week & can sound-off on the great news, lol?  If not, maybe I'll find the strength tomorrow?? Glad ya had a great time scratchin' that itch at TTC!  My friend Kim the RSO was back at it today too! ~R