SIGMan Freud

Any experience with J&J Gunworks in Clementon?

While waiting for my P2Ps, I was scouring the landscape to check out the LGS situation in South Jersey and came upon J&J Gunworks in Clementon. Looking at the website, they seem to have an implausible number of handguns in stock. I looked them up before taking a possibly disappointing ride over there and found out the address is that of J&J Auto Repair (same phone number and address). I'm guessing they're expanding their business model, which is fine. Just curious if anyone has experience with them. Thanks.

Note on their home page they state "Web site stock/prices do not reflect in store stock/prices". Seems like they can order you anything and have it in a few days and add shipping, transfer, and NICS fees. Nothing wrong with doing business this way. Jim Flynn has been doing it out of his truck repair for for years. If they are successful they will carry more in store stock like Flynn does. Flynn is one of the best FFLS to deal with.

Hope J&J success.

I purchased an XDS45 from them last spring.

Joe, the owner, also owns J&J Auto on the same property.

He told me that the Boro of Clementon would not allow him to put up a second sign (one for the FFL business) on the property even though he's paying business taxes on both.

He had (last spring) a small number of handguns (new and used) in stock in the gunshop (a small room in the back of the auto business) and he was willing to negotiate on the pricing to an extent.

I'd go back again.

Thanks for the feedback. Didn't mean to imply anything untoward about the business model. In this day of just-in-time inventory and even Amazon's same-day delivery, I realize a retailer's stock can be more virtual than physical. Good to know of positive first-hand dealings and I wish any FFL or LGS success trying to scrape out a living in this god-forsaken state. I will definitely make contact with them. I've got a short list of guns to purchase. Just waiting for the P2Ps to get issued. Hopefully that'll happen before all handguns need to be "smart".

OK, I'll close the loop on the thread I started. Just completed a transaction with Joe at J&J Gunworks. Bottom line: highly recommended! Nice guy, super friendly. He was responsive by phone or email as I waited out my P2Ps and planned my purchases. He was able to get my first choice (FNX-45 tactical FDE) with a couple of days and his prices were competitive with anyone else I checked. Will definitely be a repeat customer.