Sign in to follow this  
DirtyDigz

Cost of NYC carry permit? About $12.5k...

http://nypost.com/2016/04/20/i-paid-fixer-12500-for-gun-license-and-wound-up-with-nothing/

...As part of the process, Jay admitted to Lichtenstein he had a criminal record — a conviction for felony bribery 15 years ago.

“I told him I had a few speeding tickets and I told him I got into trouble once 15 years ago. He told me, ‘I have to know everything to help you,’ so I told him everything.”

Two or three weeks later, Jay says, he met Lichtenstein at One Police Plaza, where he was led into the Licensing Bureau.

“Everybody there knew him,” Jay recalled. “It was like he owned the place. They were saying, ‘Hi, Shaya! Hi, Shaya!’ ”

A sergeant emerged from a back office and took the unusual step of personally fingerprinting Jay for his license — a duty normally performed by a civilian. That sergeant was David Villanueva, who was transferred from the unit on Monday amid news of Lichtenstein’s arrest, a source said....

Met a fella at the range I shoot at awhile back.,..he was a sanitation worker in NYC and had a carry permit he told me for years....showed me his current Lic.....I was surprised and he said it was no big deal.....don't believe he paid anything like that for his lic....