rsa

Question about state residence

I'll respectfully disagree. You go to the NJSP for FPID under two circumstances. Your town doesn't have the ability to process FPID or you are an out of state resident who would like a FPID. If you still own / rent your home in NJ you go to your local PD for P2P or FPID. I have an out of state d/l but still do all of my stuff with the Momtville Twp PD where I've lived for,the last 23 years. I changed my d/l but still reside legally in NJ, thus no reason to go to the NJSP.

The wife has a FLDL, she should go to the NJSP to get a FPID with her FL address. She can get a local one but why? I assumed the OP is the one that buys the guns and ammo.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

The wife has a FLDL, she should go to the NJSP to get a FPID with her FL address. She can get a local one but why? I assumed the OP is the one that buys the guns and ammo.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

If they are staying in NJ get it local with NJ address or,you cannot get pistol permits. You are considered an out of state purchaser not in state.

I was in the same situation as you... I am Primary residence in Florida.... I had to turn in my NJ lic when I got my Florida Lic... I have a hard time finding FFL will to sell me a Pistol in NJ with a Florida DL and a tax bill showing my NJ residence...

Long story short I get a NJ boat Lic from DMV.. It will have your old NJ drivers Lic number on it so it will process thru the NJ NIC's system without an issue. When I purchase a pistol/rifle in NJ I do not even mention I have a Florida drivers Lic...

The boat Lic looks just like a drivers Lic... I even accidentally rented a car at Enterprise with it..

0f55730582a657240b124e1122021a95.jpg

f58ca6537e232f1796db17fb75f51da3.jpg

Montville PD issues me P2P and I show them nothing but my FL / DL.  I have plenty of FFL's near me that know the laws so I spend my money with them if I want to buy something in NJ.  If you don't now the law, and you're an FFL, you're missing out on the sale.  Moreover you are adding to the restrictions in NJ that already exist by not know the law.  It's tough enough in NJ to do this that we don't need the dealers being ignorant of the law.   And i buy plenty.  Look what I'm trying to unload just to make my move easier.  

• Like 1

So if your primary residence is FL and your DL is from FL, but you have a residence in NJ, can you bring any HG you acquire in FL to your NJ residence?

And if so, why even bother with getting NJ P2P?

Yes you can as long as it's compliant with NJ law.  I've done that a bunch of times.  I get P2P's because I get treated nicely by the guys at my LGS and FL is much more expensive on guns for the most part.  I still buy them there because I just can but I get p2p in 1 - 3 weeks in my town so I just keep cycling them  I need to stop because I'm out of room here and moving my stuff to FL but while I'm unloading I still have 3 p2p processing incase something cool and used comes up it'll be worth the work to move it.