Sign in to follow this  
Purple Patrick

What to order at Morton's?

I have to say guys I wasn't impressed. For $248 the service wasn't great and the ambiance was lacking. I got the steak tartar which was the special it was good and the gf got a cesar salad also good, for dinner I got the Cajun ribeye( for extra money I was expecting more then just a blackened steak) which was meh and the gf got the steak and seafood special it was also just okay, we complimented them with the truffle fries which seamed dry to me. Dessert was the molten lava cake which was a molten lava cake.... factoring the price I'd give it a 3/10. Where I'd give Ruth's Chris a 9/10 and Peter lugers a 7/10. Shit I give outback a 8/10 for the money

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

You're never gonna get fair value on your money as far as the food is concerned at a top notch place, in my opinion. But I'm willing to pay top dollar if the atmosphere and service matches the quality of food. Sorry to hear your experience was a disappointment. It's a tough pill to swallow when that much money is involved. I dropped about $500 at Keen's last year and left with quite a "blah" feeling.

And for what it's worth, the $27 Outlaw Ribeye at Longhorn is a phenomenal bang for your buck, I enjoy it every single time and I'm not too proud to admit it.

Believe it or not lamb chops are my go to meal at Mortons. Was tired of getting disappointing steaks. The wife really likes the cocktails there so it's on our yearly rotation.

As far as commercial steak houses go it's not one of my favorites. Ruth's gets the nod from me in that department.