DirtyDigz

Need help for an office prank

I work in a close-knit department in a large open office area with several other departments around us.

In the center of our area we've got a designated "snack table" where people in our dept. randomly bring in donuts, leftover birthday cake, bagels, etc.  There's no hard and fast rule on who brings what, but generally every other day someone in the dept. brings something in and sets it out for others in the dept. to enjoy.

There's a mope from another dept. who has no relation to us, never interacts with anyone, and as far as I can tell is seriously lacking in basic social manners, yet never fails to materialize as soon as something is set out in the snack area.  If there's no food, he never goes through our area.  When there's food, he goes way out of his way to cut through and snag some.  We've seen him come by to take one donut with him on a trip to the bathroom, presumably consume it in the bathroom, and then pick up another on his way back.  When we've put food away at the end of the day when everyone leaves (but he doesn't), invariably most or all of it is gone by the next morning.

In ~ 8 months of this he's never brought anything in.

So, we want to prank him.  My idea is to use a box of entemann's cookies; I've left  it open at home for a month until they're all hard and stale.  I'm thinking I'll then spray them with a clear adhesive inside the box so they're one solid mass.  I also plan to affix a layer of rare-earth magnets to the bottom of the pile so the box can't be picked up or moved once it's placed on the metal "snack" table.

I've got the box of stale cookies and the magnets, but I'm not sure what to use for the adhesive - I want to use something that's strong enough to keep him from easily breaking a piece of cookie off, but clear enough to not look like there's obviously glue involved.  If he does happen to actually break off a piece and eat it, it would also be good if the adhesive was not a deadly toxin.

Any suggestions for an adhesive to use?

• Like 1

Get powered sugar Donuts. Spray on whatever adhesive you can find to use and cover up with new powdered sugar. Don't really know what to recommend to use as adhesive. 3m super77 possably?

Another idea is to get powered sugar Donuts and remove as much of the powdered sugar as possible and replace with something like flour or baking soda

Not sure if you have cubicles, offices or what. But once me and a couple of co workers wrappes ever damn thing on someons desk in tin foil, the computer, screen, keyboard, chair, the cubicle desk. his side of the cubicle walls, every little on on his desk, in the drawers. It was a lot of work, but the pay off was worth it.

Get powered sugar Donuts. Spray on whatever adhesive you can find to use and cover up with new powdered sugar. Don't really know what to recommend to use as adhesive. 3m super77 possably?
Another idea is to get powered sugar Donuts and remove as much of the powdered sugar as possible and replace with something like flour or baking soda

Another idea. Get the jelly doughnuts and pipe something else into them. Playdoh is edible right?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Automotive clear coat in a rattle can? It's clear, drys pretty hard, and can be found at most any Walmart or automotive supply store.

You really need to film this prank in action for us

17 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

Wow, that never occured to me Pat.  Awesome.  You da man. :linksucks:

9 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Automotive clear coat in a rattle can? It's clear, drys pretty hard, and can be found at most any Walmart or automotive supply store.

You really need to film this prank in action for us

That's more helpful.  How about spray epoxy clear coat?  That might be worth a shot.

2 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

You cant use anything that could hurt him if he ingests it.  Go with the creme filled donuts and squirt some Exlax in the middle.  The stuck cookie deal is kinda lame.  Make it real!

No.  There's a distinct possibility a non-combatant could come by and become a casualty.

Operation stale cookie is a go.  Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

Yes epoxy clear will do the trick. Your going to need allot. Cookies will probably absorb quite a bit but it might make them harder in the end. I'd do it in many medium coats instead of a few really heavy coats. They are going to take a while to air out also.