NJ Arms Collectors Club Meeting - Kenilworth Veterans Center - Thursday, May 18, 8pm
1 post in this topic
In celebration of the 73nd Anniversary of the Defeat of the Japanese Imperial Forces Shongum Sportsmen's Association
Invites you to participate in the VJ Day Marksmanship Competition
Saturday August 18th, 2018
Registration 9AM, Rifle Contest till 1PM,Lunch 1PM,Pistols 2-4
Compete with your WWII Era Pacific Theater Rifles and Pistols
WWII Re-Enactors are encouraged to participate in uniform (optional)
Shongum Sportsmen’s Chapel Hill Range
363 Janes Chapel Road, Mansfield(Oxford), NJ 07863-3511
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. Two Miles west of Rt 517, turn LEFTonto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 miles) Turn LEFTonto BARKER’S MILL RD (.2 Miles.) Turn RIGHTonto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mile,
TurnRIGHTonto JANES CHAPEL ROAD Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT
$30.00* for Guests (Extra targets $1 each) .
Shongum members,NRA members fee is $25
Family/significant others: $60 for two benches and up to 6 competitors.10 targets per shooter
Includes Rice Cakes, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Liberty Cabbage, Pork & Beans and Soft Drinks Lunch
PRIZES: Trophy to the Best in Each Class
FIREARMS: Curios and Relics of the WWII Pacific Theater
(Original Stocks and Sights)
TOKYO ROSE TROPHY: For Best Female Score
Douglas Mac Arthur Award: Best score for person under 18
RIFLE CONTESTS REQUIRE 10 SHOTS EACH @ 100 YARDS – FIRING POSITION OPTIONAL Except#10, #11
1. MANCHURIA- JAPANESE TYPE-30,38 MOD 98 MAUSER ,GERMAN MOD 88/05 or CHINESE HANYANG
2. GUADALCANAL ’03,03A1 SPRINGFIELD, Johnson 1941, ANY 6.5 JAPANESETYPE 38 or TYPE I(Italian)
3. BATAAN US M1917 ENFIELD, ANY JAPANESE 6.5 OR 7.7MM Long RIFLE
4. OKINAWA ‘03A3, M-1 GARAND, ANY JAPANESE 6.5 OR 7.7MM SERVICE RIFLE or CARBINE
5. BURMA YPE-38 OR TYPE 44 JAPANESE CARBINE, #5 ENFIELD JUNGLE CARBINE
6. MANDALAY- ANY JAPANESE SERVICE RIFLE,BRITISH #3 SMLE OR #4 ENFIELD
7. PACIFIC SNIPER TYPE-97 OR TYPE-99 WITH ORIGINAL SCOPE, ‘03A4, 1942 USMC, M1C-SNIPER, #1 MK-IV(T) (1 SHOT – 100 YARDS)
8. KHALKHIN GOL SVT, MOSIN NAGANT, ANY JAPANESE 6.5MM SERVICE RIFLE
9. MARINE RAIDER Thompson/Reising Carbine (Target will be full size silhouette)
10. GUNG HO M1, 1911 , 24 shots 30 cal, 7 shots 45, Prone, kneeling and offhand. 100,75,50,25 yds
11. TENNOUHEIKA BANZAI Jap rifle with bayonet attached, off hand (Target will be full size silhouette)
12. EDSON'S RIDGE Semi Auto Browning BAR,1917 or 1919.
13. PHILLIPINE SCOUT M1 with affixed 1905 bayonet, wearing a M1917 helmet (Khakis optional) 16 rounds in 2 min
HANDGUN CONTESTS REQUIRE 12 SHOTS EACH @ 50 feet – STANDING ONE-HAND
14. SAMURAI TROPHY ANY JAPANESE SERVICE PISTOL OR REVOLVER TYPE : 26, 14, 94,Nambu
15. VICTORY OVER JAPAN ANY WWII ALLIED FORCES SERVICE PISTOL, 1911, 1911A1, TOKAREV, BROWNING HP, C96, COLT, S&W, WEBLEY, ENFIELD, NAGANT
TRENCH/RIOT GUN AND PISTOL COMBINATION SNIPER ELIMINATION EVENT(5 12 GA 00B,6 pistol)
16. PALM TREE CLEARANCE 12 GA Shotgun 20 inch barrel and GI Handgun 45 or 38 SPL ( 25 yards)(No Federal FliteControl OO)
SHOOT CHAIRMAN STAN GURSKI – GurskiLTC@aol.com 732-388-1202
Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Kim II Sung are all gone. Castro is on his way out. The Cold War is over and former Communist Block countries are moving from Marx to Master Card. Many Comblock weapons have found their way into the free world as captured trophies while others have been shipped here, as those once enslaved by Communism have found that Capitalism can be rewarding. The Shongum Sportsmen's Association
INVITES NEW OWNERS OF THESE FIREARMS TO COMPETE IN A MARKSMANSHIP CONTEST AS WE CELEBRATE
THE END OF THE EVIL EMPIRE MATCH
SUNDAY OCTOBER 14th, 2018
TIME: 9:00 am 'til 1:00 pm (rifles 2:30PM-4 Handgun
LOCATION: Shongum Sportsmen’s Chapel Hill Range, 363 Janes Chapel Road, Mansfield(Oxford), NJ 07863-3511
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. Two Miles west of Rt 517, turn LEFTonto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 miles) Turn LEFTonto BARKER’S MILL RD(.2 Miles.) Turn RIGHTonto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mile, Turn RIGHTonto JANE’S CHAPEL ROAD. Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT
GUESTS $30.00* . $20 for Shongum or NRA members or Military or Police
PRIZES: COMBLOC MEDALS OR TROPHIES TO BEST IN CLASS(Awards 2 and 4PM)
ELIGIBLE FIREARMS: CURIOS AND RELICS OF THE PERIOD -Unmodified Soviet guns captured by Finland are OK ORIGINAL IRON SIGHTS ONLY EXCEPT FOR MATCH #6
RIFLE CONTESTS REQUIRE 10 SHOTS AT 100YARDS (284 Arshins) IN 2 MINUTES, EXCEPT #6 WHICH REQUIRES 1 SHOT AT 100 YARDS. Pistols 10 shots one handed Range 50 feet.
LUNCH (1PM-2PM) INCLUDED WITH ENTRY FEES: POLISH SAUSAGE AND PIEROGI
1. BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION RIFLE- M1891 MOSIN or WINCHESTER M95 in 7.62R
2. MOSIN NAGANT RIFLE - COSSACK, DRAGOON, 91/30
3. TOKAREV RIFLE - NY TOKAREV SVT RIFLE M 1938, M 1940
4. SIMONOV CARBINE - ANY SKS W / O DETACHABLE BOX MAGAZINE
5. COMBLOC CARBINE - ANY MOSIN NAGANT CARBINE (M38, M44, TYPE 53) CUT DOWN RIFLE (91/ 30/ 58) or CZECH 91/38
6. MARXIST SNIPER - DRAGUNOV, PSL, MOSIN OR TOKAREV w/SCOPE
7. KALISHNIKOV - MAK 90,SAR AND OTHER NJ LEGAL "AK Style"
8. YOUNG PIONEER INSTRUCTOR- ANY COMBLOC .22 CAL MILITARY TRAINER
9. YOUNG PIONEER (under 18) SKS OR .22 TRAINER
10. LYUDMILA PAVLICHENKO FOR FEMALE WITH THE HIGHEST RIFLE SCORE
11. BOLSHEVIK PISTOL NAGANT REVOLVER,BOLO M96 in 30 Mauser.
12. SECRET POLICE ANY COMBLOC AUTO in 9mm MAKAROV or 7.62P
13. GRENADA CZECH VZ52,52/57) or VZ58 semi auto rifle(jersey legal)
14. DESIGNATED MARKSMAN (NEW ANY COMBLOC SCOPED SEMI AUTO BATTLE RIFLE EVENT (Yugo PSL OK) (No scoped rifles in 7.62x39 or 5.45x39)
Chairman of the Shooting Directorate Stanislaus Gurski 732-388-1202 or GurskiLTC@aol.com
All gun owners with a sense of humor in the People’s Republic of New Jersey invited to bring their comrades.
In commemoration of the 100th Anniversary of the end of WWI and in honor of the men and women who served so valiantly to preserve our freedom in the “WAR TO END ALL WARS”
The New Jersey Arms Collectors Club, Inc. Invites you to participate in our
Armistice Day Vintage Firearms Shoot
Compete with your WWI Era Rifles and Pistol
(If you have a WWI firearm not listed contact GurskiLTC@aol for approval to compete with, new category can be created)
WWI Re-Enactors are encouraged to participatein uniform ($10 off fee, Helmets optional)
Sunday November 11, 2018
LOCATION: ANJRPC Cherry Ridge Range,100 Range Road, Highland Lakes, NJ 07422 (4 miles north of RT 23 off Canistear Road)
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Sight-in: 9:00 AM)for rifles. Lunch break 1-2, 2-4 Handguns
$30.00* for Complete Series or $10.00 per Event. $20.00 for Complete Series or $5.00 per Event. For NJACC members and re-enactors in uniform
*Note: Price Differential Members/Non Members is applicable towards NJACC Membership Dues.
Includes Hot Dogs, Liberty Cabbage, Pork & Beans and Soda Lunch
PRIZES: Trophy to the Best in Each Class PLUS best Female (MILUNKA SAVIC AWARD) and best Youngster (under 18). Rifle awards at 2:15. Pistol awards at 4:15
Firearms must have Original Military Iron Sights, Ask for waiver or clarification prior to event. Post war firearms true to the design used in WWI can be approved. (Example Czech 98/ 22, Polish Kbk, Remington 03 (not A3)
Contests are 10 Shots in 2 Minutes. Rifle at 50 Yards, Pistol at 15 yards t, Small pistol 7 yards. Modified trench parapet position (Bench with forward support is OK) for rifle.
Single hand for handguns firing. Two hands for stocked pistol event
1. DOUGHBOY US Enfield Model 1917
2. BELLEAU WOOD 1903 Springfield, open sights, straight stock (no A1 or A3) .
3. GALLIPOLI Enfield, Mk III, 7.65 Mauser, Turk 93,03
4. FLANDER FIELDS Canadian Ross, P-14
5. VITTORIO VENETO Italian 1891 rifle or any Italian WWI longarm, M95 Mannlicher
6. NORTH RUSSIA INTERVENTION Mosin 1891 Long Infantry Rifle, Winchester 95 Russian musket
7. VERDUN (or Harlem Hellfighters) French Lebel, Bertier rifles in 8mm
8. IMPERIAL GERMAN INFANTRY Gew 88, 88/05, Gew 98, Kar98.
9. ARAB REVOLT JapType 30,35,38 rifles, Martini-Enfield 303.Lee-Metford
10. BALKAN FRONT Any Greek, Bulgarian, Serbian rifle not listed above and used in WWI.
11. GREAT WAR CARBINE Winchester 07, Marlin 94, Remington 8, or military carbine
12. RIFLE WITH BAYONET Any of the above with a original issue bayonet
13. CENTRAL POWERS PISTOL P08 (not artillery model), C96, Steyr M12
14. ALLIED REVOLVER Webley, Colt or S&W in .45 ACP,45 LC, or .455,38L Colt NAN, Nagant 95, Lebel 92,,Italian Bodeo
15. ALLIED AUTO 1911 in .45 or .455 (No A1 Variants), Webley auto 455, Glisenti 1910, Type A Nambu
16. STOCKED PISTOL Artillery Luger or Broomhandle Mauser (stock optional) (7.63 or 9mm Luger). Stocked Webley revolver
17. SMALL PISTOL Browning 1900, 1903, 1910(Princip’s gun), Mauser 1914, Ruby Type, Colt 1903,1908, Walter #4, Savage 1907
18. TRAINER Krag rifle.
PUBLIC INVITED-For more information contact GurskiLTC@aol.com or 732-388-1202
In celebration of the 120th Anniversary of the SPANISH-AMERICAN WAR
The SHONGUM SPORTMEN’S ASSN Invites you to participate in the
SPAN-AM Vintage Marksmanship Competition
Saturday June 30th, 2018
Registration 9am, Rifle Contest till 1pm, Lunch 1pm, Pistols 2-4pm
Compete with your Late 19th Century Antiques. Re-Enactors are encouraged to participatein uniform (optional)
Shongum Sportsmen’s Chapel Hill Range. Jane’s Chapel Road, Mansfield, NJ.
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. Two Miles west of Rt 517, turn LEFTonto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 miles) Turn LEFTonto BARKER’S MILL RD(.2 Miles.) Turn RIGHTonto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mile, Turn RIGHTonto JANE’S CHAPEL ROAD Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT
$30.00* for Complete Series or $10.00 per Event. For Non-NRA Members. Re-entry $2.00
$20.00 for Complete Series or $5.00 per Event for Police, Military, NRA / Shongum Members. Re-entry $1.00
Includes Grilled Bully Beef, Crackers, Pork & Beans and Soda Lunch
PRIZES: Trophy to the Best in Each Class
FIREARMS: Antiques, Curios and Relics and reproductions of the Late 19th century
(Original Stocks and Sights unless noted)
NOTE; Due to the age of these vintage firearms it is important that you have them checked by a competent gunsmith and seriously consider the quality of ammunition being used, especially reloads made by a non licensed person.(Note: persons are encouraged to contact Shongum ammo authority Will Jones at 973 625 2622 concerning components, reloading data, and available ammunition for vintage firearms you plan to use prior to event in case you need something special or plan to roll your own.)
RIFLE CONTESTS REQUIRE 10 SHOTS IN 2 MINUTES @ 100 YARDS – FIRING POSITION OPTIONAL
1. INSURRECTO Remington or Oviedo 43 cal Rolling Block (Black powder recommended))
2. LAS GUASIMAS Any pre 1898 model Mauser in 7MM
3. SIEGE OF SANTIAGO de CUBA Springfield Trapdoor Rifle(BP recommended, avoid hunting ammo for stronger actions)
4. EL CANEY Springfield Krag Rifle
5. SIGNAL CORPS Springfield Trapdoor Carbine (Be sure to use carbine loads not rifle or hunting ammo)
6. KETTLE HILL Krag carbine or 93 Mauser carbine in 7MM
7. GUANTANAMO Lee Navy 6MM (Please have gun checked by gunsmith and use quality ammo)*
8. POST WAR CONSTABULARY Winchester 95 carbine in 30/40,Philippine Constabulary carbine or equivalent
9. POST WAR HUNTER Sporterized Krag, any hunting rifle in 6MM Navy or 30 US Army (30/40)
10. NATIONAL GUARD/MILITIA Any 45/70 or 50/70 military post Civil War rifle except Springfield Trapdoor in 45/70
11. OPEN CLASS Any longarm not listed above but documented as being used in SPANISH-AMERICAN WAR
Examples:1891 Argentine Mauser, Winchester 73.
HANDGUN CONTESTS REQUIRE 12 SHOTS IN 2 MINUTES @ 50 feet – STANDING ONE-HAND
12. COLT 38 REVOLVER Colt New Army and Navy Revolver in 38 Colt.
13. OPEN CLASS Any handgun except the Colt New Army and Navy or Colt SAA Artillery that is documented as being used in Spanish- American War. Examples . S&W No 3 (Schofield),C96 in 7.63,ORBEA HERMANOS 11mm,MERWIN HULBERT
14. POST WAR PACIFICATION Colt SAA Artillery, Colt Philippine or Alaskan DAA, or Colt 1909, or New Service in 45 Colt
*This event will be run at the end of the other long arm events and will be exclusive on the range.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ENCOURAGED
SHOOT CHAIRMAN STAN GURSKI – firstname.lastname@example.org 732-388-1202
Thursday, June 21, 2018
Doors Open: 7:00 PM
Veteran's Hall Upstairs
Display Theme of the Month: European Made Civilian Long Arms
Speaker and Topic:
Guns of the Romanov Execution Squad
100th Anniversary of the killing of the Romanov Family by Bolschevics by Stan G.
No registered users viewing this page.