NJ Arms Collectors Club Meeting - Kenilworth Veterans Center - Thursday, May 18, 8pm
1 post in this topic
New Jersey Arms Collectors Club - Meeting Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017. Doors open at 7:00 PM
Presentation: – WW-II German Uniforms - A Collectors Guide to Detecting Original, Restored and Reproductions
by Mike K.
On Display: European Semi-Auto Long Arms, German Field Gear
Web Site: http://www.njacc.info
Directions: Garden State Parkway to exit 138 (Kenilworth). Make a left and go three lights on Kenilworth Boulevard to 21st Street South. Make a left. Veterans' Center is about 100 yards on the right, parking on the left. Alternate: Route 24 East to Exit 9B onto Morris Avenue East to Union. Right on Meisel Avenue straight to Boulevard in Kenilworth, then right onto 21st Street South at the light.
Historical Winter Firearms Marksmanship Contest - Jan. 20, 2018 at Cherry Ridge Range, Highland Lakes, NJ
In Honor of the Men and Women Who Endured The Rigors of Winter Combat from Valley Forge to Korea And To Demonstrate Personal Skill with Relics of History
The New Jersey Arms Collector’s Club Inc. Invites You to Participate With
Historical Winter Firearms in A Marksmanship Contest
Saturday, January 20 , 2018
SNOW DATE JAN 21st`(CALL RANGE at 973 764-1333 for closings)
ANJRPC CHERRY RIDGE RANGE
Highland Lakes, NJ -- Off Canistear Road, 4 Mi. North of Rt. 23
SIGHT-IN: 9:00 am – 10:00 am - MATCHES: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Lunch: 1:00 – 2:00
ENTRY FEES* $30 ($10 discount to NJACC members and active, reserve, retired military with ID card)
Family rate-$50 for two benches(children, in laws, grandparents etc.)plus $5 for each meal
Full Entry Fee includes Lunch in Club House & VENISON STEW and Hot Beverages during shoot
($5.00 Lunch Only)
*Note: Price Differential for Non-Members is applicable towards Membership Dues.
PRIZES: Trophies to Best in Each Class(plus best female and youngster)
FIREARMS:Repro or original BP. Curios and Relics of the Period. Original style Stocks and Sights
Winter trigger guards acceptable. Winter triggers if approved by range safety officer.
YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR WINTER COMBAT UNIFORMS OR CIVILIAN EQUIVALENT—
Don’t forget Hats, Gloves and Boots as well as hearing and eye protection!!!
VENISON STEW,CHOCOLATE,TEA,CIDER AND COFFEE AVAILABLE IN PARKING LOT AS PART OF FEE
Contests Require 10 Shots in 2 Minutes at 50 Yards(except #12,15,16,20,&21)
Any Position Including Bench * Rifles must be fired from shoulder unless medically excused.(no sleds)
1. BATTLE OF TRENTON Any Smoothbore Flintlock - 5 shots in 15 minutes
2. MOUNTAIN MAN (Revenant award-new) Any Civilian Flint or Percussion Rifle - 10 Shots/15 Minutes
3. FREDERICSBURG Any C W Battle weapon not using fixed ammo - 10 Shots / 15 Minutes .
4. WINTER WAR Any Finnish or Russian Mosin Nagant,Suomi 31 semi auto.
5. BALKAN FRONT Any Yugoslav, Austrian, Italian, Bulgarian, Romanian or Greek WWII era bolt action rifle (post war rebuilt Yugos are OK)
6. EASTERN FRONT SEMI-AUTO G-41, G-43, Tokarev 38 and SVT-40. Suomi M31 Semi Auto
7. BATTLE OF THE BULGE BOLT 98K, Springfield ’03,03A1,03A3 Enfield P14/1917 MKIII/IV
8. BATTLE OF HUERTGEN FOREST M1 Garand, G-43, G-41
9. SCANDANAVIAN SERVICE Any Swedish, Norwegian or Danish Krag, Mauser,AG42b.
10. ALPINE DEFENSE Any Swiss, Italian, French, or Austrian Mil. Bolt or Semi Auto
11. CHOSIN RESERVOIR M1,SAFN, Mosin Nagant, Jap 38,99, Mauser 98,SKS,Enfield #3,4
12 AFGHAN HILLS Any NJ Legal Semi-Auto, 5.56, 7.62 Nato, 7.62 x 39, 5.45 x 39(100yds)
13. KLONDIKE Any Black Powder Cartridge Firearm(smokeless or duplex ammo OK)
14. ALASKA HUNTER Any Sporter Rifle, inc Sporterized Military, (Iron Sights)
15. WINTER SNIPER (SIMO HAYHA AWARD) Military Sniper Rifle w/Original style Optics,FINN 28/30-1 Shot 100yd.
16. POLAR BEAR Any Sport,Sporterized Military Rifle with Scope 6.5mm or+ (100 yds)
17. CPT GRIEST 1LT HAVER TROPHY Best Female Shooter (in honor of the Ranger School graduates)
18. YOUNG WARRIOR Any Shooter Under 18 Years -any event
19. WINTER OLYMPIAN Any Rimfire /pellet Rifle( 17 or 22), -no magnifying optics
20. WINTER PLINKER Any scoped Rimfire(17 or 22) Rifle (100 yards)
21. DESIGNATED MARKSMAN (NEW EVENT) Any military scoped rifle in 7.62 NATO or Russian R (10 shots)
PUBLIC INVITED - Shoot Chairman – STAN GURSKI GurskiLTC@aol.com 732 388-1202
In celebration of the 72tnd Anniversary of the Defeat of the Japanese Imperial Forces
Shongum Sportsmen's Association
Invites you to participate in the V. J. Day
Saturday August 26th , 2017
Registration 9AM, Rifle Contest till 1PM, Lunch 1PM, Pistols 2-4pm
Compete with your WWII Era Pacific Theater Rifles and Pistols
WWII Re-Enactors are encouraged to participate in uniform
Shongum Sportsmen’s Chapel Hill Range
363 Janes Chapel Road, Mansfield(Oxford), NJ 07863-3511
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. Two Miles west of Rt 517, turn LEFT onto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 miles) Turn LEFT onto BARKER’S MILL RD (.2 Miles.) Turn RIGHT onto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mile,
Turn RIGHT onto JANES CHAPEL ROAD Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT
$30.00* for Guests (Extra targets $1 each). Family/significant others: $60 for two benches and up to 6 competitors.10 targets per shooter
Includes Rice Cakes, Hot Dogs, Liberty Cabbage, Pork & Beans and Soft Drinks Lunch
PRIZES: Trophy to the Best in Each Class
FIREARMS: Curios and Relics of the WWII Pacific Theater
(Original Stocks and Sights)
TOKYO ROSE TROPHY: For Best Female Score. Douglas MacArthur Award: Best score for person under 18
RIFLE CONTESTS REQUIRE 10 SHOTS EACH @ 100 YARDS – FIRING POSITION OPTIONAL Except #10, #11
1. MANCHURIA- JAPANESE TYPE-30,38 MOD 98 MAUSER, GERMAN MOD 88/05 or CHINESE HANYANG
2. GUADALCANAL ’03,03A1 SPRINGFIELD, Johnson 1941, ANY 6.5 JAPANESETYPE 38 or TYPE I(Italian)
3. BATAAN US M1917 ENFIELD, ANY JAPANESE 6.5 OR 7.7MM Long RIFLE
4. OKINAWA ‘03A3, M-1 GARAND, ANY JAPANESE 6.5 OR 7.7MM SERVICE RIFLE or CARBINE
5. BURMA TYPE-38 OR TYPE 44 JAPANESE CARBINE, #5 ENFIELD JUNGLE CARBINE
6. MANDALAY- ANY JAPANESE SERVICE RIFLE,BRITISH #3 SMLE OR #4 ENFIELD
7. PACIFIC SNIPER TYPE-97 OR TYPE-99 WITH ORIGINAL SCOPE, ‘03A4, 1942 USMC, M1C-SNIPER, #1 MK-IV(T) (1 SHOT – 100 YARDS)
8. KHALKHIN GOL SVT, MOSIN NAGANT, ANY JAPANESE 6.5MM SERVICE RIFLE
9. MARINE RAIDER Thompson/Reising Carbine (Target will be full size silhouette)
10. GUNG HO M1,1911 , 24 shots 30 cal, 7 shots 45, Prone, kneeling and offhand. 100,75,50,25 yds
11. TENNOUHEIKA BANZAI Jap rifle with bayonet attached, off hand (Target will be full size silhouette)
12. EDSON'S RIDGE Semi Auto Browning BAR,1917 or 1919.
13. PHILLIPINE SCOUT M1 with affixed 1905 bayonet,wearing a M1917 helmet (Khakis optional) 16 rounds in 2 min
HANDGUN CONTESTS REQUIRE 12 SHOTS EACH @ 50 feet – STANDING ONE-HAND
14. SAMURAI TROPHY ANY JAPANESE SERVICE PISTOL OR REVOLVER TYPE : 26, 14, 94, Nambu
15. VICTORY OVER JAPAN ANY WWII ALLIED FORCES SERVICE PISTOL, 1911, 1911A1, TOKAREV, BROWNING HP, C96, COLT, S&W, WEBLEY, ENFIELD, NAGANT
TRENCH/RIOT GUN AND PISTOL COMBINATION SNIPER ELIMINATION EVENT (5 12 GA 00B, 6 pistol)
16. PALM TREE CLEARANCE 12 GA Shotgun 20 inch barrel and GI Handgun 45 or 38 SPL ( 25 yards) (No Federal FliteControl OO)
OPEN TO PUBLIC
SHOOT CHAIRMAN STAN GURSKI – GurskiLTC@aol.com 732-388-1202
In Honor of the Men and Women of the American Military Services Whose Sacrifices Have Made Our Freedom Possible. The Shongum Sportsmen Invites you to compete with tangible links to the battles of our Nation’s History in a
Memorial Day Match.
Come celebrate your country’s history by compteting with the firearms that helped to make this country great. From the Brown Bess, to the Black Rifle, we have a match for you!
Firearms are limited to the Curios, Relics, and Reproductions of the Period.
Original Style Sights and stocks Required and Jersey Legal!
TROPHIES TO BEST
May 27th, 2017
Registration, zeroing 9-10AM, Rifle Match 10:00 AM – 12:45, Audie Murphy 12:45, Lunch 1-1:45
Ceremony with taps and salute at 1:50PM, Muzzleloaders 2-3 PM,
Rifle awards 2PM, Muzzleloader awards 3PM
Shongum Sportsmen’s Chapel Hill Range
363 Janes Chapel Road,Oxford, NJ 07863-3511. GPS 40.843231 N 74.916628 W
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. 2 Miles west of Rt. 517, turn LEFT onto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 mi) Turn LEFT onto BARKER’S MILL RD (.2 Mi.) Turn RIGHT onto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mi, Turn RIGHT onto JANE CHAPEL. ROAD Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT
ENTRY FEES* (ten targets). Additional targets $1 each
Shongum Members/NJACC, Military/Police: $20.00
Guests : $30.00
Family/significant others: $60 for two benches and up to six competitors.
Full Entry Fee includes Lunch in Club House - Lunch Only - $5.00
Lunch is SPAM, Beef hot dogs, beans, and possibly hardtack 1-2PM
Black Powder Matches(repros acceptable) – 5 Shots in 5 Minutes
1. MONMOUTH Smoothbore Flintlock –25 Yards(off hand or kneeling)
2. BULL RUN(Buck and Ball) Percussion/flint Smoothbore – 25 Yards(off hand or kneeling)
3. NEW ORLEANS Flintlock Rifle – 100 Yards
4. LITTLE ROUNDTOP Any Civil War Rifle – 100 Yards
5. BRANDY STATION Any Civil War Carbine 100 Yards
100-Yard Cartridge Rifle Matches – 10 Shots in 2 Minutes from the Bench except #16 and #19
6. LITTLE BIG HORN - Trap Door Carbine 45/70, Pre 1877 design carbine 24" max barrel
7. SAN JUAN HILL - Krag Carbine 30-40, Winchester 95 carbine 30-40
8. SPANISH – AMERICAN VOLUNTEER Trap Door Rifle 45/70
9. BOXER REBELLION - Krag Rifle or M1895 Lee Navy
10. AMERICAN ENFIELD - US Army Rifle Model of 1917
11. LEGENDARY 03 - ’03,‘03A1, ‘03A3 ,MK I 03, (NO SNIPER OR NM)
12. PORK CHOP HILL - M1 Garand
13. YOUNG WARRIOR - Highest score for shooter under 18
14. KHE SANH - M1A 7.62 Nato
15. FALLUJAH - M16/M4 Service Style (5.56 – NO MAGNIFYING OPTCS)
16. AMERICAN SNIPER - Any US Sniper Rifle (original or repro) (1 Shot – G.I.style Optics)
17. TRAINER - Any US 22 Military Training rifle (NO MAGNIFYING OPTICS)
18. ROSIE THE RIVETER - Awarded to the female with the highest score of the day
19. AUDIE MURPHY - M1 Garand 24 shots prone, kneeling off hand,100 yds, 75 yds, 50 yds and 1911 seven shots one handed at 25 yards (Police silhouette)
Shoot Chairman Stan Gurski 732 388-1202 GurskiLTC@aol.com
Regular Meeting, Doors Open at 7:00pm. Guest Fee: $5.
· Presentation at 8:00pm: The Other Krag by Will Jones. The presentation will focus on Krag Rifles other than the US .30/40 Krag
· On Display: Guns of Spain and South America
Kenilworth Veterans Center
33 21st Street South
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
Garden State Parkway to Exit 138, Kenilworth.
Alternate Route (North West Jersey)
Turn LEFT (West) on Kenilworth Boulevard.
Go Three Lights to 21st Street South. Turn LEFT.
Hall is about 100 yards on Right -- Parking is on left, opposite hall.
Route I-287 South to Route 24 East. Route 24 East to JCN I-78 East (Bear Right) Exit for Route 124 West Springfield. About 1 mile from ramp are two sets of traffic lights. Stay in Right Lane, DO NOT TURN. Procede through the light onto Meisel Ave (509). Follow signs for Parkway. Meisel Ave becomes Kenilworth Blvd, continue Straight (509 Turns Right and goes to Westfield) (First Light past Kenilworth High School)Turn right on 21st Street South.
Alternate Route (From Route 22 East)
Turn RIGHT on Michigan Ave (McDonalds on corner).
Turn RIGHT at First Light onto Kenilworth Blvd
Turn LEFT at next light onto 21st Street South.
Hall is about 100 yards on Right -- Parking is opposite hall on left.
I will say the ride of the Raptor (gen2) is a lot more like a 3/4 ton truck. Nothing like a half ton imo. All half tons feel like they are cars compared to 3/4 + ton trucks. Ive had all kinds but wouldn’t buy another 3/4 ton truck unless I absolutely needed it for towing or plowing. They aren’t cheap, fuel mileage is usually crap unloaded. Depends on your needs really. That being said, the Fords look the best imo. Haven’t been up on the diesel wars lately but i think the 6.7l is a ford motor and not Navistar. Assume Dodge is still using a Cummins and Chevy still using that Isuzu motor/ Allison trans combo?
Wow. Didn’t know that. I heard some great things about that diesel. The JGC people raved about them. I know somebody getting good mileage in an express with the 8 speed trans. 20mpg +\-
@ChrisJM981 Of course! They want EVERY SEMI AUTO WEAPON BANNED. then they will go after the bolts, pumps etc. This is not about safety this is about the wholesale disarmament of a state and nation. I have been having an interesting conversation with someone on something I knew - the right of the people to keep and bear arms is NOT codified in the NJ state constitution - what does that tell you? HAVE a plan .......nuff said.
No registered users viewing this page.