Tom609

Which .22 to buy?

I was going to get a Buck Mark Camper but I saw the grips on yours and changed my order to this:

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... ype_id=407

Did you get it yet? How does it shoot? I'm thinking of getting one too. A guy I work with said the Buck Mark will eat any garbage ammo you put through it so I was curious if there's any truth to that... I can't see the point of having a .22 pistol to shoot cheap ammo if it'll only shoot CCI Minimags(S&W 22A or Sig Mosquito).

I was going to get a Buck Mark Camper but I saw the grips on yours and changed my order to this:

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... ype_id=407

Did you get it yet? How does it shoot? I'm thinking of getting one too. A guy I work with said the Buck Mark will eat any garbage ammo you put through it so I was curious if there's any truth to that... I can't see the point of having a .22 pistol to shoot cheap ammo if it'll only shoot CCI Minimags(S&W 22A or Sig Mosquito).

I have that exact model Buckmark. I bought it nearly 3 years ago and have put many bricks through it. It is very accurate, has a great trigger out of the box, feels good in my hands and eats almost anything. The only problem I ever had was fte (squibs) on a few Fed. Automatch rounds but that was due to a well documented problem Federal had with a few batches . It works flawlessly with higher-end ammo and with bulk stuff like Federal Champion and Automatch (except as noted).

That's good to know. I'm going to need to go again to verify, but it seems my 22A's favorite food is CCI standard velocity. Who'd athunkit. =) So I might hold off on another .22 since I'm having good results now. I might have to get that Sig 226 I've been drooling over instead of the Buck Mark. :twisted: