Sign in to follow this  
DPNJ

Carrying on person at business

Wanted some opinions. After researching laws and talking to my PD where my business is located, i have found out I can carry on my person, while at my business. The detective in this township(a buddy of mine) said to be prepared for "uninvited" questions, dirty looks, and overall "trouble" if I do decide to carry. This detective always has my best interest in mind, and I just been wondering what you guys think? Just a few side notes, my business has been "incident" free for several years now, which leads me to believe a crime now is more likely to occur. Poor economy might lead individuals to do desperate acts, so let me pick your brain, thanks.

after speaking with you in private, and knowing what part of town your business is in, and even though on the border of a very very very nice town... I would still in your case. My only question, do you have to carry it concealed or open?

carry. holster in middle of back covered... if no one sees it no one annoyed. but, if needed it's right there..............................if someone has to go to court make sure it's you and not the assailant................be it home or business you have a RIGHT to protect yourself, and not with a flyswatter...

holster in middle of back covered

Not the best. If you fall backwards, bet really for a nasty bruise or back injury. already went through it with a piece of equipment on a duty belt. Might look great but not very accessible almost impossible to draw weak hand.

Get a top quality holster and more importantly, a top quality GUN belt.

another area of concern is security of any firearms when you leave your business location for any reason. The same concerns as home security apply to a business location.

You are referring in this topic of a business your own, correct?

My only question, do you have to carry it concealed or open?

The statutes do not specify open or concealed carry when at one's business or residence.

I always recommend to those wishing to carry at their place of business to consult an attorney about legal liabilities. It's better to know up front about the potential criminal and civil liabilities than to experience them after the fact.