These will be in NJ Stores soon.

SBF_Black.jpg

Description

• 100% MADE IN AMERICA.  All MODMAT rifles are made from domestic parts and assembled in New Jersey.
  • Fully NJ and Federally compliant when purchased as a FIREARM.
  • Total OAL 26.1″ w/ SB Tactical SBA3 Brace in closed position
  • CERAKOTE FINISH: Blackened Cobalt, Slate Grey Burgundy Bronze, Patriot Brown or Sniper Green. 
  • MM Exit 5.56 V2 Muzzle Brake virtually eliminates muzzle climb while shooting.  Designed and manufactured in New Jersey. Has NATO grooves for installation of blast shield or silencer.
  • Ballistic Advantage 5.56 Government Profile, 11.5″ Carbine length AR15, Modern Series Barrel.  Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ corrosion resistant finish and M4 feed ramp extension.
  • Ballistic Advantage .750″ pinned Lo-Pro Gas Block with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Modern Materiel 10″ ultralight free float hand guard  – Full Picatinny top rail and M-LOK mounting in 3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions.
  • Domestic 8620 M16 Bolt Carrier Group and 9310 bolt with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Flattop Upper Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with ejection port cover and brass deflector.
  • MM Lower Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with magwell texture and integrated trigger guard.
  • Magpul MOE pistol grip with extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
  • Magpul MOE MVG M-LOK vertical fore grip.
  • SB Tactical™ Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB3) – provides all of the advantages of a handgun, but with a third point of contact — adding greater stability, accuracy and control.
  • Also includes: One 10/30-round Mission First Tactical (MFT) magazine. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, PK90 said:

Couple questions:

1. What does SBF stand for?

2. Is your muzzle device a flash hider?

3. Is your muzzle device permanently attached?

4. Why do you measure the OAL in the closed position?

1 Short Barrel Firearm 

2 Yes an A2 Birdcage (although the first few went out the door with breaks) 

3 No it is not

4 Because that's what the state police said. 

Thank you for your questions 

22 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

1 Short Barrel Firearm 

2 Yes an A2 Birdcage (although the first few went out the door with breaks) 

3 No it is not

4 Because that's what the state police said. 

Thank you for your questions 

Thank you for the quick reply.

Regarding #4. Verbally or in writing?

Per the NJSP and ATF letters, the 26" is reached with the folding/collapsible brace/stock in the fully extended position.

Feel free to delete this post if you don't agree.

oal.JPG

oal2.JPG

15 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Thank you for the quick reply.

Regarding #4. Verbally or in writing?

Per the NJSP and ATF letters, the 26" is reached with the folding/collapsible brace/stock in the fully extended position.

Feel free to delete this post if you don't agree.

oal.JPG

oal2.JPG

This is verbatim what the State police wrote us in email format. We have requested a formal letter from NJSP. 

FROM NJSP:

FIrearm must have an overall length of more than 26 inches with the pistol brace collapsed.

Just now, Modern Materiel said:

This is verbatim what the State police wrote us in email format. We have requested a formal letter from NJSP. 

FROM NJSP:

FIrearm must have an overall length of more than 26 inches with the pistol brace collapsed.

Good for you. Good luck.

Just now, Screwball said:

Glad to hear that...

I’d want to suppress one in Maine.

What’s the twist rate of the barrel, if you don’t mind me asking?

Hell yeah only if we are invited to the property in Maine... 

Ballistic Advantage Govt Profile 1:7 twist black nitride 

2 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

Hell yeah only if we are invited to the property in Maine... 

Ballistic Advantage Govt Profile 1:7 twist black nitride 

It’s literally at the end of I-95... just before Canada. I might put a pile of dirt in the corner of the property. Not for regular shooting... but zeroing/testing. County range is about two miles away from work.

Thanks.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, Modern Materiel said:

These will be in NJ Stores soon.

SBF_Black.jpg

Description

• 100% MADE IN AMERICA.  All MODMAT rifles are made from domestic parts and assembled in New Jersey.
  • Fully NJ and Federally compliant when purchased as a FIREARM.
  • Total OAL 26.1″ w/ SB Tactical SBA3 Brace in closed position
  • CERAKOTE FINISH: Blackened Cobalt, Slate Grey Burgundy Bronze, Patriot Brown or Sniper Green. 
  • MM Exit 5.56 V2 Muzzle Brake virtually eliminates muzzle climb while shooting.  Designed and manufactured in New Jersey. Has NATO grooves for installation of blast shield or silencer.
  • Ballistic Advantage 5.56 Government Profile, 11.5″ Carbine length AR15, Modern Series Barrel.  Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ corrosion resistant finish and M4 feed ramp extension.
  • Ballistic Advantage .750″ pinned Lo-Pro Gas Block with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Modern Materiel 10″ ultralight free float hand guard  – Full Picatinny top rail and M-LOK mounting in 3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions.
  • Domestic 8620 M16 Bolt Carrier Group and 9310 bolt with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Flattop Upper Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with ejection port cover and brass deflector.
  • MM Lower Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with magwell texture and integrated trigger guard.
  • Magpul MOE pistol grip with extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
  • Magpul MOE MVG M-LOK vertical fore grip.
  • SB Tactical™ Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB3) – provides all of the advantages of a handgun, but with a third point of contact — adding greater stability, accuracy and control.
  • Also includes: One 10/30-round Mission First Tactical (MFT) magazine. 

What does Blackenend Cobalt look like??

20 minutes ago, Screwball said:

It’s literally at the end of I-95... just before Canada. I might put a pile of dirt in the corner of the property. Not for regular shooting... but zeroing/testing. County range is about two miles away from work.

Thanks.

Yessss

7 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

What does Blackenend Cobalt look like??

Hey Bud.... Please visit Www.modernmateriel.com and go to MODMAT Rifles choose any gun and you can scroll through all the colors... BLACKENED COBALT is like a really dark grey almost black

On 6/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, Modern Materiel said:

Hey Bud.... Please visit Www.modernmateriel.com and go to MODMAT Rifles choose any gun and you can scroll through all the colors... BLACKENED COBALT is like a really dark grey almost black

Doesn't work on the SBF model, but I see the colors on other rifles. Nice selection.

On 6/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, Modern Materiel said:

FROM NJSP:

If NJSP clarifies that you can measure with the brace extended how much shorter can you go on the barrel?

When will the 9mm version be available?

Nothing against short tubes in 556 but I think these will be a home run in a pistol caliber as you gain nothing by going to 16" on 9mm.

3 hours ago, samtechlan said:

If NJSP clarifies that you can measure with the brace extended how much shorter can you go on the barrel?

When will the 9mm version be available?

Nothing against short tubes in 556 but I think these will be a home run in a pistol caliber as you gain nothing by going to 16" on 9mm.

We are at 26.1"with an 11.5inch barrel 

3 hours ago, samtechlan said:

If NJSP clarifies that you can measure with the brace extended how much shorter can you go on the barrel? ...

FYI, an AR Pistol with an SBA3 brace can have a 9.5" barrel to be 26".

11 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

Here is our SBF with an 11.5 inch barrel and the 26.1 comes right the crown of the barrel. gvGK25bh.jpg

The above question by @samtechlan was if the NJSP followed Federal Law and measured the firearm with the brace fully extended, what would be the shortest barrel allowed. PM sent to @samtechlan as to not clutter this thread.

To clarify...

The NJSP letter includes a copy of the ATF determination letter on our DS-15 Typhoon firearm (non-NFA) which has the  ATF language of measured with the stock extended. 

NJSP measures with the stock collapsed

ATF measures with the stock extended

It does not make sense that they measure differently, but they do.

Hope this helps.