Jump to content

Recommended Posts

These will be in NJ Stores soon.

SBF_Black.jpg

Description

  • 100% MADE IN AMERICA.  All MODMAT rifles are made from domestic parts and assembled in New Jersey.
  • Fully NJ and Federally compliant when purchased as a FIREARM.
  • Total OAL 26.1″ w/ SB Tactical SBA3 Brace in closed position
  • CERAKOTE FINISH: Blackened Cobalt, Slate Grey Burgundy Bronze, Patriot Brown or Sniper Green. 
  • MM Exit 5.56 V2 Muzzle Brake virtually eliminates muzzle climb while shooting.  Designed and manufactured in New Jersey. Has NATO grooves for installation of blast shield or silencer.
  • Ballistic Advantage 5.56 Government Profile, 11.5″ Carbine length AR15, Modern Series Barrel.  Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ corrosion resistant finish and M4 feed ramp extension.
  • Ballistic Advantage .750″ pinned Lo-Pro Gas Block with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Modern Materiel 10″ ultralight free float hand guard  – Full Picatinny top rail and M-LOK mounting in 3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions.
  • Domestic 8620 M16 Bolt Carrier Group and 9310 bolt with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Flattop Upper Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with ejection port cover and brass deflector.
  • MM Lower Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with magwell texture and integrated trigger guard.
  • Magpul MOE pistol grip with extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
  • Magpul MOE MVG M-LOK vertical fore grip.
  • SB Tactical™ Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB3) – provides all of the advantages of a handgun, but with a third point of contact — adding greater stability, accuracy and control.
  • Also includes: One 10/30-round Mission First Tactical (MFT) magazine. 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SJG said:

what is the suggested MSRP?

1295 bro

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Demo day!!!:rolleyes:

Zeke.... We are in the works of a demo day with This forum stand by... Also SHORE SHOT in Lakewood has a MM SBF for rental 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple questions:

1. What does SBF stand for?

2. Is your muzzle device a flash hider?

3. Is your muzzle device permanently attached?

4. Why do you measure the OAL in the closed position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PK90 said:

Couple questions:

1. What does SBF stand for?

2. Is your muzzle device a flash hider?

3. Is your muzzle device permanently attached?

4. Why do you measure the OAL in the closed position?

1 Short Barrel Firearm 

2 Yes an A2 Birdcage (although the first few went out the door with breaks) 

3 No it is not

4 Because that's what the state police said. 

Thank you for your questions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

1 Short Barrel Firearm 

2 Yes an A2 Birdcage (although the first few went out the door with breaks) 

3 No it is not

4 Because that's what the state police said. 

Thank you for your questions 

Thank you for the quick reply.

Regarding #4. Verbally or in writing?

Per the NJSP and ATF letters, the 26" is reached with the folding/collapsible brace/stock in the fully extended position.

Feel free to delete this post if you don't agree.

oal.JPG

oal2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Thank you for the quick reply.

Regarding #4. Verbally or in writing?

Per the NJSP and ATF letters, the 26" is reached with the folding/collapsible brace/stock in the fully extended position.

Feel free to delete this post if you don't agree.

oal.JPG

oal2.JPG

 

This is verbatim what the State police wrote us in email format. We have requested a formal letter from NJSP. 

FROM NJSP:

FIrearm must have an overall length of more than 26 inches with the pistol brace collapsed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Modern Materiel said:

 

This is verbatim what the State police wrote us in email format. We have requested a formal letter from NJSP. 

FROM NJSP:

FIrearm must have an overall length of more than 26 inches with the pistol brace collapsed.

Good for you. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Screwball said:

Glad to hear that...

I’d want to suppress one in Maine.

What’s the twist rate of the barrel, if you don’t mind me asking?

Hell yeah only if we are invited to the property in Maine... 

Ballistic Advantage Govt Profile 1:7 twist black nitride 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

Hell yeah only if we are invited to the property in Maine... 

Ballistic Advantage Govt Profile 1:7 twist black nitride 

It’s literally at the end of I-95... just before Canada. I might put a pile of dirt in the corner of the property. Not for regular shooting... but zeroing/testing. County range is about two miles away from work.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, Modern Materiel said:

These will be in NJ Stores soon.

SBF_Black.jpg

Description

  • 100% MADE IN AMERICA.  All MODMAT rifles are made from domestic parts and assembled in New Jersey.
  • Fully NJ and Federally compliant when purchased as a FIREARM.
  • Total OAL 26.1″ w/ SB Tactical SBA3 Brace in closed position
  • CERAKOTE FINISH: Blackened Cobalt, Slate Grey Burgundy Bronze, Patriot Brown or Sniper Green. 
  • MM Exit 5.56 V2 Muzzle Brake virtually eliminates muzzle climb while shooting.  Designed and manufactured in New Jersey. Has NATO grooves for installation of blast shield or silencer.
  • Ballistic Advantage 5.56 Government Profile, 11.5″ Carbine length AR15, Modern Series Barrel.  Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ corrosion resistant finish and M4 feed ramp extension.
  • Ballistic Advantage .750″ pinned Lo-Pro Gas Block with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Modern Materiel 10″ ultralight free float hand guard  – Full Picatinny top rail and M-LOK mounting in 3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions.
  • Domestic 8620 M16 Bolt Carrier Group and 9310 bolt with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Flattop Upper Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with ejection port cover and brass deflector.
  • MM Lower Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with magwell texture and integrated trigger guard.
  • Magpul MOE pistol grip with extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
  • Magpul MOE MVG M-LOK vertical fore grip.
  • SB Tactical™ Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB3) – provides all of the advantages of a handgun, but with a third point of contact — adding greater stability, accuracy and control.
  • Also includes: One 10/30-round Mission First Tactical (MFT) magazine. 

What does Blackenend Cobalt look like??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Screwball said:

It’s literally at the end of I-95... just before Canada. I might put a pile of dirt in the corner of the property. Not for regular shooting... but zeroing/testing. County range is about two miles away from work.

Thanks.

Yessss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

What does Blackenend Cobalt look like??

Hey Bud.... Please visit Www.modernmateriel.com and go to MODMAT Rifles choose any gun and you can scroll through all the colors... BLACKENED COBALT is like a really dark grey almost black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, Modern Materiel said:

Hey Bud.... Please visit Www.modernmateriel.com and go to MODMAT Rifles choose any gun and you can scroll through all the colors... BLACKENED COBALT is like a really dark grey almost black

Doesn't work on the SBF model, but I see the colors on other rifles. Nice selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, Modern Materiel said:

 

This is verbatim what the State police wrote us in email format. We have requested a formal letter from NJSP. 

FROM NJSP:

FIrearm must have an overall length of more than 26 inches with the pistol brace collapsed.

If NJSP clarifies that you can measure with the brace extended how much shorter can you go on the barrel?

When will the 9mm version be available?

Nothing against short tubes in 556 but I think these will be a home run in a pistol caliber as you gain nothing by going to 16" on 9mm.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samtechlan said:

If NJSP clarifies that you can measure with the brace extended how much shorter can you go on the barrel?

When will the 9mm version be available?

Nothing against short tubes in 556 but I think these will be a home run in a pistol caliber as you gain nothing by going to 16" on 9mm.

 

 

We are at 26.1"with an 11.5inch barrel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samtechlan said:

If NJSP clarifies that you can measure with the brace extended how much shorter can you go on the barrel? ...

FYI, an AR Pistol with an SBA3 brace can have a 9.5" barrel to be 26".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PK90 said:

FYI, an AR Pistol with an SBA3 brace can have a 9.5" barrel to be 26".

Here is our SBF with an 11.5 inch barrel and the 26.1 comes right the crown of the barrel. gvGK25bh.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

Here is our SBF with an 11.5 inch barrel and the 26.1 comes right the crown of the barrel. gvGK25bh.jpg

The above question by @samtechlan was if the NJSP followed Federal Law and measured the firearm with the brace fully extended, what would be the shortest barrel allowed. PM sent to @samtechlan as to not clutter this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To clarify...

The NJSP letter includes a copy of the ATF determination letter on our DS-15 Typhoon firearm (non-NFA) which has the  ATF language of measured with the stock extended. 

NJSP measures with the stock collapsed

ATF measures with the stock extended

It does not make sense that they measure differently, but they do.

Hope this helps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • olight.jpg

    Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

  • Supporting Vendors

  • Latest Topics

  • Similar Content

    • By My1stGlock
      Searched this forum but didn't see anything on this yet.
      Has anyone played with the Magpul DAKA grid organizers yet? Seems nifty but anyone has one that can provide feedback on them? Losta vidoos online. Yer thoughts
      I know some will say $130 for Styrofoam? I guess it's just the modularity that appeals to me. Got a Pelican 1720 for Christmas and was looking at the closed foam option and ran across this too.
      https://magpul.com/daka-grid-organizer-pelican-1720.html?mp_global_color=118

       
    • By RetNJ47
      Great start for people looking to get into reloading. $750 for everything, $680 for just the press equipment, $125 for just the components(Last Picture).

      RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme IV Single Stage Press on Inline Fab stand with extras. Located in the Lakewood area(Weshoot or Shoreshot). Would prefer to meet at either of those spots but willing to meet halfway.
      Rockchucker Supreme IV Single Stage Press
      https://www.rcbs.com/presses/single-stage/rock-chucker-supreme-press/16-9356.html
      Inline Fabrication Ultramount for RCBS Rockchucker, RC1,2,3. Supreme IV,Pro2000 & Turret presses.
      https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/rcbs/products/ultramount-for-rcbs-rockchucker-rc1-rc2-supreme-pro2000
      Inline Fab Automatic Case Ejector System 
      https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/rcbs/products/case-ejector-system-for-rcbs-rockchucker-single-stage
      Inline Fab Universal double component tray system.
      https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/press-accessories/products/universal-double-bullet-tray-system?variant=323708361
      RCBS
      Uniflow Powder Drop 
      https://www.rcbs.com/priming-and-powder-charging/mechanical/mechanical/uniflow-powder-measure-iii/16-9016.html
      M500 Mechanical Scale 
      https://www.rcbs.com/priming-and-powder-charging/weighing-scales/m500-mechanical-scale/16-98915.html
      Powder Trickler 
      https://www.rcbs.com/priming-and-powder-charging/scale-and-powder-accessories/powder-trickler-2/16-9089.html
      Universal Case Loading Block 
      https://www.rcbs.com/case-processing/accessories/universal-case-loading-block/16-9452.html
      Hand Priming Tool for Small and Large Primers 
      https://www.rcbs.com/priming-and-powder-charging/hand-held/hand-priming-tool/16-90200.html
      Additional press add ons:
      (NIB) Advanced Powder Stand
      https://www.rcbs.com/priming-and-powder-charging/scale-and-powder-accessories/advanced-powder-measure-stand/16-9092.html
      (NIB) RCBS Auto Prime System
      https://www.rcbs.com/presses/press-accessories/rock-chucker-supreme-auto-prime/16-9358.html
      Small items include (2) funnels with different attachments, calipers, primer pocket brush, case lube, case lube pad, and die wrench. 
      The following components can be added on.
      2x Unopened Hodgson H4350 (Rare right now)
      200x CCI Magnum Small Rifle Primers 
      200x CCI Magnum Large Rifle Primers
      200x Federal Gold Small Rifle Primers
      100x Primed Unfired Starline 6.5 Creedmoor Brass SR
      —No freedom seeds included sorry—
      All the heavy lifting to start reloading is done. This press/die set has only been used to deprime a few cartridges(I have no patience). Aside from dust it’s brand new. First person to offer $750 takes the entire kit and components. Or $125 for just components.
      ****DISCLAIMER**** Not my fault if you do something stupid and get hurt. Do your research.
       
    • By NewYorkCentralRailroad
      Well folks, I'm back with another deal. I've seen what's been going on with 5.56 and .223 pricing, and I hate it as much as you do. I went to a gun show yesterday and people were selling Winchester Service Grade 5.56 for $0.65 per round for a 1000-round case. That's ludicrous, and AmmoSeek doesn't give much better prospects, so I'm here to give a few lucky people a deal. As of 10/23/2023, I will have in my possession 1500 rounds of Winchester White Box 5.56 in 150-round Range Packs. I don't need all of them, so I would like to give y'all some of them. The best deal for any 5.56 on AmmoSeek right now with free shipping is $0.51 per round for some Igman stuff. 
      I'm offering these packs at $73.50 per box, or $0.49 per round. That includes tax! This is the best price that I've found anywhere on the internet for LC 5.56. If you buy more, I might be able to work with you on the price a bit more. Again, I have 8 boxes right now, and will have a total of 10 boxes on Monday, so it's first come first serve. PM me to tell me how much you want, in multiples of 150. If you want all of it, first to post "I'll Take It" wins. 
      Ammo is currently in Philadelphia PA, but I can go anywhere on the PATCO, Atlantic City, SEPTA, or Northeast Corridor rail lines. I've delivered to Trenton and Pennsauken before, as well as all over SE PA. I also have a base in Essex County, if you live out there I can get there relatively easily too. I'm keeping the little Winchester stickers, sorry!

    • By NewYorkCentralRailroad
      SOLD Hey, I told y'all that I had some ammo to sell, so here I go. I have a significant quantity of Nemo Arms branded PPU 5.56 55 grain FMJBT ammunition, and I'm looking to get rid of some of it. I have 1000 rounds, but I'd like to keep 200ish rounds, so I'm open to selling up to 760 rounds to a buyer. I'm suggesting $260 for the full 760 rounds, making it $0.35 a round. If you want a different quantity or have an offer, shoot me a message. 
      I can go anywhere NJ transit rail goes, so if there's a NJ transit rail station local to you, odds are I can get there. I'm based out of Philadelphia, so anywhere on the Atlantic City or NEC rail lines I can get to with ease. I also have a base in Essex County, and I'll be up there weekend after next. First to say they want it gets it!

    • By ChrisS
      Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Double Long Rifle. 36” Model. I bought this from Amazon along with the single rifle case to decide which I liked better. I don’t feel like going through the hassle of returning as it was bought through a third party seller so I figured I’d knock 43ish%  off the price ($70.36 incl tax) and pass it along to someone here that could use it. As new condition minus the tags. $40 cash and pick up in Freehold. 
       
      ******  The first to post "I'll take it" establishes the buyer. If there are issues and the deal falls apart, the item may be re-listed. ****

  • Posts

×
×
  • Create New...