PoorSoulInJersey

Anyone own a Dragunov?

they are as good as the ammo you shoot through it. The russian and chinese originals are far superior and accurate, the extractors are better. But for the price, the romaks are nice. if you want to shoot them 1moa... you need match ammo.

http://dragunov.net/

Great website for all things dragunov. I am going to Ukraine/Israel this summer and wondering about hopping to russia and see if I can find an original dragunov to import back here. I think I found the atf form I need to send in to get a permit to import one.

I found Sportsmansguide had a non-corrosive one for $0.19 a round. I loaded up, since that's about the cheapest non-22lr I can find right now.

I'm assuming you are referring to their Bulgarian surplus. Despite what they say, I would treat it as corrosive. Most 7.62x39R surplus is corrosive and I am pretty sure the Bulgarian is no exception. Just to be safe run some Windex down the barrel and wipe down the gas system before doing a normal cleaning. It will only take a few minutes and if it turns out to be non-corrosive it can't hurt.