mikelets456

Tasers and stun guns NJ and NYC

I was not sure where to post this but my daughter now lives in NYC and I wanted to defend myself when I go up there. So my question is, are tasers and stun guns legal to carry in NJ and NY? There is the occasion that we would go into NJ for dinner or whatever. I am NOT a NJ/NY resident if that makes any difference as well. 

BTW, I did look at the laws online and they were typically vague at best....

NJ - NJ2AS believes it is legal to carry tasers/stun guns.  Their reasoning is here:

https://nj2as.org/nj2as-taser-victory-separating-facts-from-fear/

Evan Nappen and other “firearm celebrity lawyers” in NJ have the opinion that tasers/stun guns are not legal to carry outside the home.

NY - I haven’t been following NY/tasers closely, but quick googling isn’t bringing up any restrictions since the prohibition was overruled earlier this year.  Suggest you do your own research or contact a NY lawyer.

I recall hearing about a lawsuit a few months ago in NY over tasers. From what I remember NY was still not recognizing the SCOTUS ruling that said they cannot be prohibited. So, I would recommend thorough research before carrying one in NY.

Didn't the NJSP come out with guidance on carrying tasers in NJ? Anyone have it?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• NJ Gun Forums Web Banner Dec 2020.jpg

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• I'm a new gun owner and just took a course this past weekend.  I'll definitely need to get some dummy rounds to practice loading, unloading, and just holding up a long gun before I feel confident enough to shoot live ammo at the range again.  (I am female so my lack of upper body strength does not help at all.)  The ones we used in my course were Snap Caps with brass on the end, but when I look online for dummy rounds, I find not just that kind, but also a lot of 3D printed stuff.  Anyone ever tried it, and would it be advisable to buy? Here are some photos from some eBay listings.  (These are not my listings and I am not advertising them.)  I would be buying 12ga but I've also seen 9mm. https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-GA-Gauge-Dummy-Rounds-Snap-Caps-Shell-Shotgun-Training-Dry-Fire-Ammo/154281795070 https://www.ebay.com/itm/9mm-380-Auto-45-ACP-Dummy-Rounds-Snap-caps-Training-Rounds-Made-in-USA/264867714105
    • Why go with a small safe? That just screams to the kids, "hey look, there' s gun hidden in here". What happens when kids get inquisitive when you're not there? Better off getting some sort of concealment furniture to hide it in. No one will know it's there, and you're not fumbling in the dark if you need it quickly, trying to unlock a safe under duress.. Time to think "out of the box".
    • I know the feeling about having lingering lowers! You feel bad for them and feel obligated to complete them and give them life! I'm done buying lowers!
    • Dude. Did you miss the part where I mentioned how low base metal stocks have gotten?  To go with that the price has jumped up. And you have all the "clever" people why decided this is when they'll start reloading.  The bullets with the least silly problem are coated lead pistol bullets. The fancy rifle bullets for match grade have loads start setting up as the machines that make them can make more, cheaper bullets that use less raw material each. And those go into ammo rather than the reloader. Those businesses that cater to us don't necessarily have the ability to expand a day either.  Of they supplied a thousand customers like you in 2019 they are probably trying to service 5-10k now. 
    • I want one, but not that bad. Thanks a lot for on the where and who @JohnnyB it was much appreciated. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s really worth it for me at this time since, I already have lowers lingering. It was a nice dream bubble that burst lol