19weeks of waiting as still going strong! The PD told me its on the Chiefs desk and waiting to be signed....that was two days ago. I call twice a day now to see when the Chief gets in(thats a cushy job too btw) and the end of the day to see if mine was signed yet.

No wonder why my local PD is taking 19weeks to process....it has supposively been on the Chiefs desk for two days without a signature yet. I have always heard that things start from the top and continue down the line and this is a perfect example of that.

BTW bad64chevelle, where do you live?

-Scott

There are Chiefs who wont Sign permits unless there are a certain number of them ready.

There are Chiefs who wont Sign permits unless there are a certain number of them ready.

You mean a certain number of permits for him to sign on his desk?

So basically rather then sign a couple per day these guys will wait till the stack reaches 20 then sit down and sign them all. Doesnt matter if it takes an hour or a week, he wont sign till he has 20?? Thats is ubserd(sp?) if that is the case.

Please tell me I am miss understanding your statement.

-Scott

You mean a certain number of permits for him to sign on his desk?

So basically rather then sign a couple per day these guys will wait till the stack reaches 20 then sit down and sign them all. Doesnt matter if it takes an hour or a week, he wont sign till he has 20?? Thats is ubserd(sp?) if that is the case.

Please tell me I am miss understanding your statement.

-Scott

nope you are not misunderstanding one of my old chiefs did it that way he wouldnt do permits unless he had at least 10 waiting to go. The guy BEFORE him was the best, he gave the BCI guys who handled the firearms stuff a stamp with is signature on it, as soon as the paperwork came back from the mental health check you got your permits, the only thing that chief signed himself were FID cards, and that was usuall Walki in, he signed, walk out and call the applicant to come pick up the cards.

I live in North Hanover, right outside of Ft. Dix.

You calling or stopping in tomorrow to check on your permits? I know I will be calling my local PD. I was shocked to see someone on here that has been waiting longer then I have.

-Scott

You calling or stopping in tomorrow to check on your permits? I know I will be calling my local PD. I was shocked to see someone on here that has been waiting longer then I have.

-Scott

I called a few times with the same response that it was under review still, and was told they would call me when they were ready. Unfortunately for the past 7 months I have been working insane hours and rarely get a day off when I have free time so getting over there when the PD is open is impossible.

Thats rough. I ended up sweet talking my way into getting the Detectives desk ext. that was doing the FIDs and P2P. He called me when he had completed the paperwork and gave me the ext. of the secretary that typed them up. I am now contacting her directly and have found out through her that it is on the Chiefs desk. I will be calling 9am tomorrow to see if it is signed yet.

The secretary is pretty nice. I explained to her that I am trying to purchase a gun that is on sale till the end of June and I would really appreciate it if I could pick up my permit and FID before wed. She told me she will do her best to get everything handled by tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed and took the day off just in case! :D

-Scott

Its funny, I have today off and as I was getting ready this morning (one of my stops being the PD to speak with them down there) I got a phone call that my FID card was ready. I will be picking it up in a little while, and maybe beginning my search for my first rifle.