Sign in to follow this  
Lublin

My first experience with Davis in Goshen, NY

A friend and I took an impulse drive out to Davis' Goshen range yesterday. I grabbed a handful of my NJGF targets and we headed out. The trip took us a little longer than expected, so when we finally got there we only had about 20 minutes to shoot. Boy, was I glad we made the trip! The range is absolutely beautiful. 100 yards, clean, e-tronic carriers that bring your target to whatever distance you punch in and it was EMPTY. It was my buddy, me and 2 other guys in there. My only gripe is that there are some dark spots down the range where there aren't any light fixtures. I brought my AR there with hopes of sighting in my red dot but I didn't have time to make any adjustments so I just shot with iron sights. This was my first time shooting my AR and any AR. I was very pleasantly suprised with the super-accurate shots with barely any recoil. I absolutely love this rifle! My buddy brought his 300 win mag. I shot it once and never wish to shoot it ever again. It's a friggin monster and almost dislocated my shoulder!

The pro shop is pretty nice. Not the largest gun selection, but they had some nice stuff. They had a few AR's there. There were Bushmasters for $1400 with A2 stocks and an S&W M&P15 for $1150. I'm not sure if the M&P was used or not but it looked really nice. The guy working the pro shop was a little "lifeless" but there was a really young RO named Craig who was really nice.

We made a quick stop at Gander Mountain a little ways up the road to see if they anything good in stock. Lots of rifles, very few handguns, no AR's and very expensive ammo. The cheapest box of ammo which wasn't Wolf or Bear was $25 for 20 rounds. :shock:

I was going to head to Cherry Ridge tomorrow for new member registration, but since the weather looks iffy, I think I'm going to be making a trip up to Davis in Goshen to sight in and shoot the AR for an hour or so.

We made a quick stop at Gander Mountain a little ways up the road to see if they anything good in stock. Lots of rifles, very few handguns, no AR's and very expensive ammo. The cheapest box of ammo which wasn't Wolf or Bear was $25 for 20 rounds. :shock:

We (read daughter and me) made a quick stop at Gander Mtn today. $29.99 for 50rds of 40 s&w and $68 for 100 rds of UMC 40 S&W. DAMN and I thought the gun show was expensive!

I just paid 21.99/50 for WWB 180 gr. .40 S&W at American Sport Shooting on 209 in Brodheadsville, PA. We were coming back from a errand in Easton and decided to run up 209 instead of just jumping back into NJ. Nice shop, decent ammo prices (not WalMart, but decent).

Ken