JackDaWack

.224 55gr fmj x-treme in stock

On 4/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, carl_g said:

Those .223 pills are good. Just like hornady 55gr FMJBT

That would have been my question, how it compares to Hornady's 55gr fmjbt's which are $3 less for 500 on Brownells. 

12 hours ago, Greenday said:

That would have been my question, how it compares to Hornady's 55gr fmjbt's which are $3 less for 500 on Brownells. 

Nearly the same. They're both mediocre in terms of performance. I've not used these yet, but hear they are good for plinking. I have used the Hornady in the past and wasn't overly impressed. Then 55grainfmj are not in the same ball park as their match grade bullets.

With the current state of reloading components, worrying over 3 bucks is stupid. Who knows when Brownells will have them back in stock... or if the price will stay the same. These were available, get good enough reviews, and will serve my purposes. Honestly, they will probably sit in my stash unused as my go to rounds are 68gr bthp or the 73gr eld match bullets. 

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

Nearly the same. They're both mediocre in terms of performance. I've not used these yet, but hear they are good for plinking. I have used the Hornady in the past and wasn't overly impressed. Then 55grainfmj are not in the same ball park as their match grade bullets.

With the current state of reloading components, worrying over 3 bucks is stupid. Who knows when Brownells will have them back in stock... or if the price will stay the same. These were available, get good enough reviews, and will serve my purposes. Honestly, they will probably sit in my stash unused as my go to rounds are 68gr bthp or the 73gr eld match bullets. 

Interesting. So essentially the only difference is whether one is available compared to the other. But I wouldn't expect them to be similar to match grade ammo. Still great for shooting steel for fun.

5 hours ago, Greenday said:

Interesting. So essentially the only difference is whether one is available compared to the other. But I wouldn't expect them to be similar to match grade ammo. Still great for shooting steel for fun.

I think you can get the Hornady with out a cannelure too.