Sign in to follow this  
Yotafan

Cheaper ammo online at Bass Pro Shops

What the heck is this stuff?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 00_425-4-2

I just ordered 10 boxes of it in FMJ because the bass pro site does not have it marked as being in low inventory and it is the same price per box that I pay for my American Eagle 9mm. Weird looking stuff but I will give it a shot.

Winchester has always maintained a line of ammo that had two basic types. A HP round for duty use and the ballistic equivalent for training at a lower cost. The NJ AG's policy on firearm's qualification will only allow a substitute for the duty ammo if it can be shown that it is essentially similar. As the cost savings are substantial (in the area of 60 percent) it is worth it budget wise. In the past they were called "Q" loads. They were never really marketed to the public. This seems to be their attempt at expanding the marketing.

When figuring if the price is decent, don't forget to factor in shipping which can really add up.

What the heck is this stuff?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 00_425-4-2

I just ordered 10 boxes of it in FMJ because the bass pro site does not have it marked as being in low inventory and it is the same price per box that I pay for my American Eagle 9mm. Weird looking stuff but I will give it a shot.

Whatever it is, it's 9mm and it's FMJ and it will work in my Glock.

Ordered 15 boxes. That works out to about $.28/round delivered which is pretty darn good in the current ammo shortage.

Thanks for sharing remthewanderer!

My cost for a thousand rounds of Winchester 9mm or 40S&W FMJ was $108.00. That was the good old days. Prices have gone up a bit...

Funny you mention this, I was going thru my 'inventory" today and came across a 20 rd box of wolf 7.62 x 39. It had a harry's army and navy price sticker on it marked $2.99. Now, keep in mind that they were always on the expensive side when it came to ammo. That same 20 round box today can be found for close to $10.00 !!!! Incredible. I can remember buying 1000 rd cases of .223 for around $140 and 1000 rd cases of 7.62 x 39 for around $90.00 not too long ago, within the past 6 or 7 years.

Sorry to hear that! I just got the email that the 9mm shipped.

Do tell how that shoots once you get some down the pipe. It'll shoot in my HK too.

That's a good price. It's currently showing low stock so I'll wait this one out. I can wait a few weeks to reload.

-Mal