Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

NJG newb

Hi,

I'm a newbie. Just wanted to touch base. I'm an old hat at forums and just found this site.(google Malsua, you can research me, heh)

I'm a member at Cherry Ridge and live nearby. Holler if anyone is going down, be fun to shoot with some folks.

I grew up and lived in Ohio for 28 years and my step father was a gun dealer. I've probably shot just about everything once except maybe a blunderbuss.

I've lived in NJ since 96 but only recently got my FID and picked up my new HK P30 recently. Woot, it's a great gun.

Anyway, I'm also mod at a different forum where we discuss firearms among other political topics <!-- m -->http://www.transasianaxis.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15<!-- m --> if anyone were interested but it's nice to be specific to Jersey.

I'm not a super prolific poster, but I'll be around.

Cheers,

-Mal

Don't be afraid to post pictures.. we love pictures

Alright... :D

hkp30-1.jpg

hkp30-2.jpg

You can see more here: http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/guns/

I've actually got a number of images I need to put in there.

I also did a youtube of plinking with my Ruger Mark II at Cherry ridge...you can see that

here:

I am a computer guy for a living, but I've hunted since I was 8, used to build race cars and am card carrying gun nut :shock:

Greetings from Sussex County.

A bunch of the members here shoot at Cherry Ridge, but we haven't been able to organize a real meet 'n greet yet. I get down there every other week or so, and will probably be there this weekend. If you're there, come by and say Hi. Just look for the tall guy with the short wife on the handgun range.

Ken

Hello and Welcome from another Sussex County resident and member at Cherry Ridge.

You ever shoot clays down there? I've been wanting to do it since I haven't shot trap in years. I even bought a cheapy flinger and a couple boxes of clays. I really have no idea how the $30 flinger will do...probably lame, heh.

A bunch of the members here shoot at Cherry Ridge, but we haven't been able to organize a real meet 'n greet yet. I get down there every other week or so, and will probably be there this weekend. If you're there, come by and say Hi. Just look for the tall guy with the short wife on the handgun range.

Any particular time? I'm literally 5 minutes away...not sure what the wife has planned, but I can pop down at a moments notice. I think we might be going down to our boat this weekend, I'm just not sure yet.

My truck is fairly unique, easy enough to spot me.

axiomtires.jpg

We usually get there around 12:30 and stay until 3 or 4.

You can recognize me as the guy with the wife who plants herself at Lane 1 and doesn't stop shooting the P22 until it fouls and I have to stop what I'm doing and clean it. Then she punches another 3 or 4 hundred holes, and we leave.

file.php?id=109

Malusa -- I love clay shooting, I purchased my own trap machine over a year ago. When I go to the range with some friends (also members at Cherry Ridge) we may shoot with 3-5 people each one occupies a stall and the thrower keeps all of us busy. The rapid fire usually gets the range officers attention they ride up look around then leave :D .

Malusa -- I love clay shooting, I purchased my own trap machine over a year ago. When I go to the range with some friends (also members at Cherry Ridge) we may shoot with 3-5 people each one occupies a stall and the thrower keeps all of us busy. The rapid fire usually gets the range officers attention they ride up look around then leave :D .

That sounds like alot of fun. I can't really justify buying a spendy machine just yet. I have a few spendy firearms I'd like to purchase first. If you ever decide to do an outing and are willing to have a new guy along, let me know. I'll bring clays.

-Mal