Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Peel

Should NJ 2A individuals/groups (& others) "intervene" on NY AG case?

I'm posting this here because there's a lot of people following this forum, and some of you, I would guess... may even be lawyers (not just internet lawyers, but people with, ya know, actual JDs and/or legal background. ;)). 

I came upon this article which is urging pro 2A individuals and groups to "intervene" in the case that the NY AG, Letitia James, has brought against the NRA (attempting to dissolve the organization). I know NOTHING about the attorney who is proposing this, nor can I attest to the veracity of his idea... but he's suggesting that NRA members may, in fact, NOT be well-represented by the same legal team representing it's executives (executives who are, after all, accused of raping and pillaging the members' funds)! He's suggesting that other parties should do a legal maneuver called "intervention" which allows them to participate in the lawsuit on behalf of NRA members, based on the concept that they're not being well-represented by either of the parties current involved (NRA & NY AG).  It would require a lawyer who can practice in New York state.

Should orgs in NJ (and other states) be doing this (since many also have NRA members within their ranks)? And on a larger scale, maybe one of the other national orgs like GOA should add heft as well? (Yes, I realize, they could be some advantage to GOA if the NRA was dissolved...in terms of their membership ranks swelling in the short-term... but in the long run, I would argue the disadvantages could be far greater... because while they'd be adjusting and struggling to "replace" a dissolved NRA, 2A rights could be chip-chip-chipped away in the meantime). 

Anyway, noodle away... is this a crackpot idea with no merit? Mere click-bait for Ammoland? Or is this guy actually onto something? And remember, it's a public-facing forum, so keep the comments reasonably well-mannered and non-political, pls! Thank you. 

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/08/could-nra-members-intervene-to-stop-ny-suit-to-dissolve-the-nra/#axzz6VQJK4yJg