waterman308

NJ compliant hi-cap mags

There are 15 Round mags available for the GSG not sure what else.

You can have a 20 Round mag in NJ, as long as it is PERMANENTLY blocked to only accept 15 rounds. There are people that will block them for you, I'm not sure how its done. Anyone know?

Hi, what 15 rounders are you looking for?

Springfield makes 15 rounder M1A mags, but you have to call them to order.

There are plenty of other 15 round type mags for various guns. Glock 19, AR15 (PRI just started making them http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=548512), Ak (mod a Saiga 15 round mag by Surefire (not the light company)...

I have the SA 15 round mags for the M1A for sale. If you buy them from SA, they come with a wooden block that can be removed. I tack welded the floorplate on to make it permanent.

REALLLLLY??? Where would one find your tutorial??? Was the post on here? I have been googling for a while now with no results.

Here ya go Chad,

Ask and you shall receive. If you can't click on it, it's under the "Rifle" thread on page 2:

15-round-ak-mags-t305s25.html

thats really nice.. any FINISHED pics?

I had the thought of cutting the mag tube down as well. Those springfield m1a 15 rnd mags are pricey! something like $54 or so for one - ouch!

I've seen a post somewhere showing a tube epoxied onto the underside of the follower so that the downward travel of the follower was stoped at the required depth to limit the capacity. I think it was on calguns.net?

Do you think that would work, or does the mag tube have to be cut?

[

thats really nice.. any FINISHED pics?

The original post was made on another site about a year ago...maybe more...for some reason, the imageshack hosted pics didnt all keep working, and as you can see , some are missing. Ill see if I still have the original pics and try to rehost the ones that are no longer working. The finished mag looks just like the one masuer88 posted.

I ordered 2 last night from here.

http://www.pri-mounts.com/mm5/merchant. ... 15_M16_ACC]

Just wanted to ''test the waters'' for now, so only 2.

I will report back on how long it takes to get them & how they perform.

Ouchie! $40 a piece? when you can by 20 rounders from C-mag for what, $15 or so? I got a bunch of 10 rnders for 12 a piece.

We don't need gun control from the libbs. We have it right amongst our own - price gouging fellow shooters. i hate that.

I have a couple of the 15 rnd PRI mags - they're nice.. a bit heavy.. springs are REALLY tight in mine and getting that 15th round is a bit of a stuggle. Worth 40 bux? Not really... but options are limited.

Also have a couple of the 15rnd Pmags that Tip's Hardware sells. I've read some posts that there is some inconsistency in how many rounds they hold, but I must've gotten lucky, cuz both of mine hold exactly 15. Also cost 40 bux tho.

$160 for 4 mags :o not including shipping costs and tax... bleh. Just gonna have to deal with 10 rounders, cuz it's not worth all that extra money for 5 more rounds

Yeah - I've read most of those too.. I just can't figure out what "lanced" means and how that makes it permanent. Although at this point, those CProd mags are like the great unicorns... who knows if we'll ever really see one ;)

Yeah - I've read most of those too.. I just can't figure out what "lanced" means and how that makes it permanent. Although at this point, those CProd mags are like the great unicorns... who knows if we'll ever really see one ;)

They make cuts on both sides of the spine of the mag and fold the metal inside to block the follower from coming down any futher then to hold 15 rounds. If you tried folding them back in with pliers they would probably snap off.

They make cuts on both sides of the spine of the mag and fold the metal inside to block the follower from coming down any futher then to hold 15 rounds. If you tried folding them back in with pliers they would probably snap off.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm new to the whole AR thing, and have yet to take apart a mag to examine the internals, but, if you do fold them back and they snap off, wouldn't that just allow the follower to move freely in the mag body, and then basically negate the "permanent" aspect of lancing? Or am I over thinking this?

Thanks for the clarification! I'm new to the whole AR thing, and have yet to take apart a mag to examine the internals, but, if you do fold them back and they snap off, wouldn't that just allow the follower to move freely in the mag body, and then basically negate the "permanent" aspect of lancing? Or am I over thinking this?

Yup.

BUT, that would be modifying the magazine from its original design, hence, the manufacturer/supplier/seller is following the law. The purchaser/possessor/modifyer would be the one "breaking" it.