Scottcba1

Cabela's back order!!!

So I am still waiting on my FID and P2P but I was online doing some price checking for ammo and came across some Remington 9mm bulk deals that come with and ammo storage case.

So I place the order thinking they will ask for my FID number and I will have to cancel the order. Never asked so I placed it and get an instant email saying they are back ordered and it will take 2-3 weeks. I figure no problem, I dont have my FID yet so no gun yet either.

Here we are over a month and a half later and still on back order!!! Now till 7/15! Anyone else having problems with Cabela's and their ship dates getting pushed further and further back?

-Scott

A couple of months ago Bass Pro got me. I placed an order on Saturday I had five items on my order. On Sunday I was notified that three were not in stock (including a few hundred rounds of ammo) even though everything was in stock when I placed my order. Only two would be shipping. Of course those two items I only ordered from Bass out of convenience and I could get them for less elsewhere. I called and asked to cancel the entire order. I was told that the order was already in the warehouse and it could not be canceled. I had two options. Either accept the order as it was or refuse delivery. Since the ammo was the majority of the order I decided to refuse. I was pretty bent out of shape about the whole thing. I ate the shipping fees and will probably never deal with them again. These days Midway USA has me as a happy customer.

These days Midway USA has me as a happy customer.

Funny that you mention midway USA....I was just on their site looking at range bags and ear protection. Never any real problems with them? Quick to ship items and good customer service?

If Cabelas pushes my ammo order back again from thier 7/15 ship date I will cancel it and shop elsewhere. By then HOPEFULLY I will have my FID so I can go around and start hitting up the Dicks stores in my area.

-Scott

I've never had a problem with midway usa either, fast shipping but I cant tell you about their customer service. I've never had to deal with them. Another good site to check out is cheaperthandirt.com I just ordered a bunch of ammo from them and got it it 4 days. Just watch their prices, they are not always cheaper than dirt. They are upfront about whats in stock and whats not, you dont have to wait till you checkout to find out.

I don't know if I will ever do business with Cheaper than Dirt. They have been one of the biggest price gougers on ammo since all the hording has begun. Well, I know their prices on .40 is very high.

Regarding Midway's customer service. I forget what the reason was but I called a day after ordering and the girl I spoke with was so nice and helpful I wanted to ask her out on a date. If she weren't five states away I probably would have.

Scottcba1, if you don't have your FID card yet it might be a good idea to wait for it before you purchase any ammo.

I just checked on a BO I had w/ Cabela's for Federal AE FMJ in 9mm & .45, the 9MM shipped and will be in next week, and the .45 is BO till 7/15 That order was placed 4/28. On another note, I just ordered Magtech .45 & 9mm (on 6/20) and the 45 shipped already :o and the 9mm is BO. I also have the bulk box w/ free plastic storage box coming next week, another BO from April. So seems spotty, but they are catching up. Cheaper than dirt is OK, yes, they are jacking up their prices, but that's supply & demand at work for ya. Ammo to go is dry dry dry, Wideners as well, Natchez is intermittent, you just need to catch them at the right time. No issues with Cabela's, really, they do send emails periodically saying the stuff is still BO and do I want to canx or not. They also do not charge until they ship, so its no skin off to cancel an order.

Well, I USED to love midway. They had great prices on everything and their range bags are real nice. That was until they changed their policy on shipping ammo to NJ. I am currently waiting for a call back from someone at midway to talk about their stupid policy. Multiple emails to them and their president (who lists his email address right on their website) have resulted in no response over the last week and a half.

For now I say boycott Midway until their repeal their lazy policy on not shipping ammo to NJ.

I just checked on a BO I had w/ Cabela's for Federal AE FMJ in 9mm & .45, the 9MM shipped and will be in next week, and the .45 is BO till 7/15 That order was placed 4/28. On another note, I just ordered Magtech .45 & 9mm (on 6/20) and the 45 shipped already :o and the 9mm is BO. I also have the bulk box w/ free plastic storage box coming next week, another BO from April. So seems spotty, but they are catching up. Cheaper than dirt is OK, yes, they are jacking up their prices, but that's supply & demand at work for ya. Ammo to go is dry dry dry, Wideners as well, Natchez is intermittent, you just need to catch them at the right time. No issues with Cabela's, really, they do send emails periodically saying the stuff is still BO and do I want to canx or not. They also do not charge until they ship, so its no skin off to cancel an order.

Good to hear they are catching up. I think I ordered right around the end of April as well so hopefully I should be seeing it soon too. I also did a bulk sale item that comes with the dry storage container. Let me know how cheesy it is! :lol:

-Scott

I orderd 2100 rounds of Federal Champion 22LR back in March from Cabela's. Backordered.

After 6 emails informing me of 6 different possible shipping dates, they sent me an email on monday telling me it has been shipped. With a tracking #

Finally

Yeah I already called and cancelled it. They said they are basically all out of ammo and they are expecting a large shipment next month.

I already ordered 10 boxes of wolf 9mm from J&G sales, in AZ. I have heard good things about them and their quick to ship so hopefully I see my shipment monday or so.

-Scott