pla748

how to renew Florida Non-resident CCW license?

Does anyone here have experience of renewing Florida non-resident CCW license? 

I got notice for the renewal, and I found that I might do it online.

however, I have to submit fingerprint card. 

the problem is, as a non-resident, should I submit a photo of the original fingerprint card or elecetric file OR I have to send it in by mail ? 

thanks

2 hours ago, oneshot said:

https://cwrex.freshfromflorida.com/

I renewed mine or should i say applied for a new one because i let it lapse for over 6 months. Its pretty simple either way. i dont think you need to submit new print card, but you do need a recent photo . Its all explained on the site

If I understand correctly, you successfully renewed your license via online application service without submitting a fingerprint card? That’s really good experience. Thanks

8 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

OP, I renewed mine several months ago. Needed to get physical prints and mail them to Fla.   Am about to fall asleep. Will share more info tomorrow. 

Your answer is same as 67gtonut. It seems this way is more reliable. Thanks

Here is what I did in March 2022 to renew.  YMMV

As best as I can recall, they proactively sent me the renewal notice which included the Florida Fingerprint Card they wanted used for my prints and a return envelope for it.

I was able to get my prints taken at a local police department.  Also got new passport pictures taken.  I then scanned both of the aforementioned to my PC.

With  both of those in hand, I filled out the online renewal.  As part of that online renewal process I uploaded both the scans (fingerprint card and passport photo.)   That same afternoon I mailed them the physical fingerprint card.   This is required.  (I don't recall whether I also mailed them the physical passport photos.)

I mailed it on a Friday via USPS Certified First Class mail.  Was expected to arrive that coming Tuesday.  HOWEVER, the post office screwed me over and it was not delivered until over two weeks later.  This delay triggered a warning letter informing me that they did not get my fingerprint card and that my renewal was at risk. This of course caused me considerable anxiety thinking the post office may have lost my prints.   Ultimately it did arrive and my renewal was processed.

Next time I renew  I will send it Express Overnight mail instead.  Recommend you consider doing the same.

Btw, excluding postage,  the renewal cost totaled $87.50  ($45 renewal fee, $42 fingerprint processing fee and .50 convenience fee).

Hope this helps.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

Here is what I did in March 2022 to renew.  YMMV

As best as I can recall, they proactively sent me the renewal notice which included the Florida Fingerprint Card they wanted used for my prints and a return envelope for it.

I was able to get my prints taken at a local police department.  Also got new passport pictures taken.  I then scanned both of the aforementioned to my PC.

With  both of those in hand, I filled out the online renewal.  As part of that online renewal process I uploaded both the scans (fingerprint card and passport photo.)   That same afternoon I mailed them the physical fingerprint card.   This is required.  (I don't recall whether I also mailed them the physical passport photos.)

I mailed it on a Friday via USPS Certified First Class mail.  Was expected to arrive that coming Tuesday.  HOWEVER, the post office screwed me over and it was not delivered until over two weeks later.  This delay triggered a warning letter informing me that they did not get my fingerprint card and that my renewal was at risk. This of course caused me considerable anxiety thinking the post office may have lost my prints.   Ultimately it did arrive and my renewal was processed.

Next time I renew  I will send it Express Overnight mail instead.  Recommend you consider doing the same.

Btw, excluding postage,  the renewal cost totaled $87.50  ($45 renewal fee, $42 fingerprint processing fee and .50 convenience fee).

Hope this helps.

thanks for your detailed information. As your suggested, I went to Fedex this morning, but unluckily, they don't ship to PO Box address. Only USPS handle the PO box services. Then I went to USPS asking a tracking number, but it only work if a person presents at the destination address, not good fora PO box again. 
There no other choices. so, I paid $1.2, then left. 

Finger crossed . LOL 

1 hour ago, pla748 said:

thanks for your detailed information. As your suggested, I went to Fedex this morning, but unluckily, they don't ship to PO Box address. Only USPS handle the PO box services. Then I went to USPS asking a tracking number, but it only work if a person presents at the destination address, not good fora PO box again. 
There no other choices. so, I paid $1.2, then left. 

Finger crossed . LOL 

I sent mine certified which provided me a tracking number.  However in my case I did not request a return receipt.  So maybe that was the difference. I would recommend you remain patient.  No news is good news, until your actual permit arrives. 

Let us know how it turns out.