Just so you guys know. There is a Rimfire Action League which is starting at Old Bridge. Heard the details tonight at the IPSC match. It's going to resemble the USPSA Rules. Both Rifle and Pistol. Time to bring out the GSG-5's and the tacticool 10/22's! Inaugural Match is on August 15th.

I am interested but do you need a holster?

No, you don't need a holster. you can start from a "gun low" position. (In your hands). You do need some sort of case to bring it to the firing line though.. (cheap pistol rug or something like that will work fine, you would probably need one of these to transport it anyways)

I just bought the holster because I like to buy things. :lol:

I am interested but do you need a holster?

No, you don't need a holster. you can start from a "gun low" position. (In your hands). You do need some sort of case to bring it to the firing line though.. (cheap pistol rug or something like that will work fine, you would probably need one of these to transport it anyways)

I just bought the holster because I like to buy things. :lol:

I used to be like you but things are tight right now. I have been thinking a .22 USPSA match would be a good idea, especially with the current ammo shortage and high prices. Keep us updated on times. Is this an indoor or outdoor match? The shore traffic will be a nightmare if it is a nice weekend but this would be a great match for a rainy day.

I believe the first match is going to be outdoors. I think they said they are running 4 or 5 stages and a 50 yard stage for rifles. If I know the club, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will probably start at 9am. It will most likely be blocked off for 9 to 5, but will most likely end around 1 or 2. But that also depends on how many people show up, and how many people help to reset the stages.

I dunno where your coming from, but Exit 120 on the parkway is usually where you would come from. So, the traffic might not be that bad in the morning.

Folks:

The Old Bridge Rifle - Rimfire Action Match Shooters (OBRAMS ) will have our next Match on Saturday Sept -19th, 2009

GPS Location:

On the Map:

40 Degrees 24'52.26"N

74 Degrees 19'30.75"W

Elevation: 30'

Hey Iggy!

Welcome to NJGF!

How did the first match go? I wanted to come, but I forgot the mags on Friday when I wanted to sight in my rifle.. and I forgot to wake up early on Saturday because I'm lazy! :lol:

I'm sure people here would want to know: Do you need both a rifle AND pistol? or, What if you wanted to run both? Is the short for pistols, and the long for rifles?

OK , here is the skinny!!!

We got off to a rough start due to some logistical issues but we finally started shooting at approximately 10:45 A.M.

We had 18 shooters which we broke down into three squads with about 75% using Long-guns.

The Long-guns consisted of :

GSG-5

Modified AR-15

Ruger 10/22

The Pistols consisted of :

Ruger mark II

Sig Mosquitoes

Modified Glocks

We only shot four of the five planned Stages and until we get additional participation I think we will keep it at four stages but we will just increase the complexity Course of Fire.

Here are the Stages we shot:

http://www.obcats.com/obcats-stages/Wal ... 20Wall.pdf

http://www.obcats.com/obcats-stages/6-D ... -Shoot.pdf

http://www.obcats.com/obcats-stages/Back-Up.pdf

http://www.stageexchange.com/Running%20Man.pdf

But still. The question remains... Can you only run 1 gun, or can you run a rifle and Pistol?

At this time only ONE Gun

As this new discipline matures at Old Bridge, we may host a Rimfire 3-Gun Match using a Henry Bro. pump rifle with .22LR Shot shells as a Stage Shotgun in November

:p

Guys:

Next Match will be on Sept 19, 2009. We start building the Four Stages at 8:00 A.M. , shooting starts at 10:00 A.M.

Directions to the Old Bridge Outdoor Range

GPS Location:

On the Map:

40 Degrees 24'52.26"N

74 Degrees 19'30.75"W

Elevation: 30'

Directions:

From the New Jersey Turnpike Exit 9 from the New Jersey Turnpike. Take route 18 south for approximately 5 miles to route 516 East. Get on 516 East and go approximately 1.8 miles to light at Jake Brown Road. Go LEFT on Jake Brown Road. After about 1/2 mile, the Road will make a hard right. Stay on the road. Follow Jake Brown Rd for .3 miles then the road bends to the right sharply. Follow this for .2 miles and at the end there is a dirt road. Follow the dirt road into the range.

From Route 9 Northbound Take Route 9N past Route 18. After the Route 18 overpass you will go through 3 lights. After 3rd light follow exit signs for Route 516. Follow signs for Route 516 then for Route 516 West and take exit for 516 West Take Route 516 W through 2 lights to a 3rd light at Jake Brown Road. (1.1 miles) Make right onto Jake Brown Rd (Coastal Gas Station). Follow Jake Brown Rd for .3 miles then the road bends to the right sharply. Follow this for .2 miles and at the end there is a dirt road. Follow the dirt road into the range.

From Route 9 Southbound DO NOT TAKE THE RT 9 EXIT FOR JAKE BROWN ROAD. It is not the same road as the range road. Follow Route 9 S. Once in Old Bridge you will take Route 9 S through the light at Fairway Lane. After Fairway Lane take Route 9 for .3 miles to Route 516 West. Take Route 516 W through 2 lights to a 3rd light at Jake Brown Road. (1.1 miles) Make right onto Jake Brown Rd (Coastal Gas Station). Follow Jake Brown Rd for .3 miles then the road bends to the right sharply. Follow this for .2 miles and at the end there is a dirt road. Follow the dirt road into the range.

The Long-guns consisted of :

GSG-5

Modified AR-15

Ruger 10/22

The Pistols consisted of :

Ruger mark II

Sig Mosquitoes

Modified Glocks

May I ask which one won?

Like most Action Shooting is not about the gun it is about the Shooter

Last Match a Shooter with a GSG-5 Won "Rifle Optic" and a Shooter with a Ruger 10/22 won "Rifle Iron Sights"