FEDERAL Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA) allows you to travel THROUGH any state with your gun cased and the ammo separate from the gun.  But, only if that gun is legal for you to possess in your home state and your destination state.

You can't stop and still be legal. You have to be traveling THROUGH the state.

And, if a certain model of firearm is illegal in that state you are traveling through, FOPA doesn't protect you from being charged with an illegal firearm.

You should use the above links to figure out what's legal in each state you are traveling through.  Silly but that's how it works in the home of the free.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dude,Sweet said:

Quick question, folks. If i have a NJ ccw permit. Can i drive through delaware with the gun in the trunk locked away from locked amo too? 

also, do i need to have a virginia ccw to carry there or will my nj permit be enough?

VA recognizes nj permit.  Delaware you can have in vehicle loaded but it must be visible ie on seat or dash.  Maryland however you would have to have it unloaded and locked