1LtCAP

conceal carry with body armor

so i've been carrying left hand version of apendix iwb. took me awhile to feel comfortable with a striker fired gun in that spot, but thanks to the langdon tactical striker fire control device suggested to me by @BlueLineFish (i think) it's no biggie now.

so my next issue is carrying concealed with body armor. i've got 2 different styles of concealable armor. both feel like they interfere with this position.

i've got this one....  https://premierbodyarmor.com/collections/executive-vest/products/discreet-executive-vest that i bought awhile ago when it wasn't nearly this expensive.

and this one......  https://premierbodyarmor.com/collections/everyday-armor-t-shirt/products/everyday-armor-t-shirt-2-0-bundle    it's not perfect, but it's better than nothing, and you really can't see it when you've got a shirt on top of it.

but i digress. i know someone in here has to have done this....carried iwb with armor. do i move the pistol to my 9oclock? where the armor's not? or do i just work around it? it's not like i'm gonna go running 'round with body armor on all the time......but seeing(don't laugh at me dammit!) what the terrorists did in israel(not the missiles) kinda pushed my paranoid button a little. i truly do feel like trhat could happen here, esPECIALLY with the influx of illegals from all nationalities being shipped all over the country.

Body armor should be protecting your vitals - Heart/Lungs/Liver.  It should generally be out of the way, but I just threw on my Level IV's to check.... It definitely does not work as well as with a concealed vest, but it was out of the way enough to draw.  That being said, if I have to throw on my Level IV's I'm going overt and not worried about a concealed holster...

Have you tried practicing with the soft armor on?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Body armor should be protecting your vitals - Heart/Lungs/Liver.  It should generally be out of the way, but I just threw on my Level IV's to check.... It definitely does not work as well as with a concealed vest, but it was out of the way enough to draw.  That being said, if I have to throw on my Level IV's I'm going overt and not worried about a concealed holster...

Have you tried practicing with the soft armor on?

yea, with my level4's, i'm just slapping my belt on and going that way, as there's nothing "normal" looking at that point.

rather stupidly, i haven't practiced with the concealable armor on except for one time....and that was at a training course that i was using an owb setup. gonna hafta start some dryfire practice i think.

13 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

That being said, if I have to throw on my Level IV's I'm going overt and not worried about a concealed holster...

Indeed.

If you're a regular civilian and you've got to throw on Mevel IV's, I think 'concealed' carry would be a secondary consideration...

53 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

If you feel the need for Lvl 4 armor, why aren't you carrying your rifle?

i'm not feeling need for level4. i was originally asking about concealed armor, as the links in the original post show.  they both do interfere somewhat with the draw from apendix