Sign in to follow this  
kenw

Simon Peters Redux

I decided to give Simon Peters another look on the way home from work last night. I know I said that I wouldn't shop there because of what I believe was their ammo and accessory price gouging during the peak of the panic, but they're local and convenient, and I felt that I was being unreasonable.

They had a small selection of handguns, maybe around 2 or 3 dozen total. Some nice specimens, but nothing I was shopping for, except for a .357 Taurus Tracker with a 6" barrel. Nicely priced at 500 bucks (cheaper than many online prices). If the shopping trip today yields nothing else, I may go back for it.

The guy behind the counter (I don't remember his name) was saying the the panic buying seems to have leveled off a bit, and that prices are slowly drifting down on guns and ammo. He also said the they're having fewer problems getting ammo. All their backorders have been filled, and there are only occasional issues with availability in most of the regular calibers.

May be worth a stop in for the local Sussex/Morris County guys.

Just got back from shopping. Went to Silver Bullet in Rockaway, Ramsey Outdoor on 46 in Ledgewood, Hackettstown Guns and Ammo, and ran South to Effinger's. Effinger's had almost no inventory, SB had a bunch of guns, and I got to fondle a Beretta 90-Two. Frankly, I like the 92FS better. The grip is just about a quarter inch shorter on the 90-Two, but enough to feel like I don't have full control.

Lynn finally got the XD9 SC she's been wanting, so she's a happy camper now. I'd never been to the Hackettstown shop before. The guy behind the counter (Walt?) was very friendly and informative, and their prices seemed inline with everyone else...higher on some things, lower on others. The Taurus I saw at Simon Peters for 500 was 569 there, but their pricing on a couple of other guns was lower. Just shows that ya gotta shop around.

Anyway, we stopped in at Simon Peters on the way back north, and I got the Taurus, so one of the items on my wish list is taken care of.

If anyone is coming to Cherry Ridge tomorrow (Sunday), stop by and say hi. We have new toys to share.

Ken

Maks,

Still in the market. I think I'm settled on the CZ for the next purchase. I'll probably get a 92FS eventually, but the CZ is first on the list.

Tom,

Thanks. Are you stopping by tomorrow, or is your wrist still an issue?

Just got back from shopping. Went to Silver Bullet in Rockaway, Ramsey Outdoor on 46 in Ledgewood, Hackettstown Guns and Ammo

The guy at Hackettstown Guns and ammo is a nice guy. Yes his name is Walt and he is the owner. He is also a LEO. I purchased my Eotech from him at an excellent price at the time as he was cheaper than the stores here in Pa. It was not out of the way for me as I work in Roxbury and swung by there to get it. I was impressed with the selection of handguns he had there also. Earlier this year he was only getting $42.00 for transfers. much cheaper than other shops. Ramseys I believe is $90.00.

90 including nics?

Yes, if I remember correctly that is what they told my friend. Crazy.