45Doll

Federal Hydra Shok 9mm Review

On 12/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, 45Doll said:

This might be considered off-topic for Zero Hedge. But then again, the way things are going...

Federal Hydra Shok 9mm Review: An American EDC Classic | ZeroHedge

@Ferris This is not 9mm, but in case you also own .45ACP and are in need:

50 Round Box - 45 Auto / ACP Federal Hydra Shok 230 Grain JHP Ammo - P45HS1G | SGAmmo.com

.45/round per box. .40/round by the case. Just came in tonight.

18 hours ago, 45Doll said:

@Ferris This is not 9mm, but in case you also own .45ACP and are in need:

50 Round Box - 45 Auto / ACP Federal Hydra Shok 230 Grain JHP Ammo - P45HS1G | SGAmmo.com

.45/round per box. .40/round by the case. Just came in tonight.

Was there a 50% off coupon or something? I'm missing? 

50 round for 45 bucks.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

Was there a 50% off coupon or something? I'm missing? 

50 round for 45 bucks.

Hahahaha! There's the signal; I've lost it!

Sorry @JackDaWack.  You too @Ferris. That's what I get for posting after few beers and dinner. Bad math! .80/round might be considered a bargain compared to HST, but it's still expensive.

I checked. As an example, in 2020 I paid .42/round for HST .357 Sig when it was on sale. Now that was a bargain.

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Hahahaha! There's the signal; I've lost it!

Sorry @JackDaWack.  You too @Ferris. That's what I get for posting after few beers and dinner. Bad math! .80/round might be considered a bargain compared to HST, but it's still expensive.

I checked. As an example, in 2020 I paid .42/round for HST .357 Sig when it was on sale. Now that was a bargain.

You got me excited because this stuff pre pandemic was going for 50% off In certain places. 

• Agree 1

I have a letter from the NJ State Police Firearms division stating that if the cavity is filled with polymer it is not considered a hollow point.  I will be carrying the Speer Gold Dot G2 Carry Gun ammo from here on out.  The terminal ballistics are excellent. I pray to god that I will never have to use them.  They look like they will hurt...bad.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

You got me excited because this stuff pre pandemic was going for 50% off In certain places. 

That's right! That's why I bought the .357 Sig HST; it was cheaper than mainline .357 Sig ammo!

For some reason HST was a bargain for a month or two. I never did figure out why, but I bought it.

If you're a Federal AE 9mm fan, SG has the best price on a delivered case at the moment. 0.279/round.

Ammo Arrivals & Deals @ SGAmmo - American Eagle 9mm and Gold Medal 308 Just In | SGAmmo.com

Back in stock for the first time since November 2022! This ammo has been a very popular product at my store for over a decade, however it simply was not priced right this past year as the factory held tight on pricing for this item. My cost had been around $293 per 1000 and I simply would not pay that given the cost of equivalent products. They finally made a deal a few weeks ago that brings the price down to a more reasonable point and we brought this back in to the mix of 9mm options we offer. While I'd like to see this be $20 less than it is, the deal is unlikely to get any better.