45Doll

56 Straight Months - 1MM+ Background Checks

I think I can assume that one background check results in at least one firearm purchase. In some cases it's more than one, which would cover for any anomalies.

56 million firearms sold in four years and eight months. Tell me they don't know anything, and somethings not coming.

March 2024 Marks 56th Consecutive Month of More Than One Million Gun Sale Background Checks (breitbart.com)

The number for March was 1,400,000. So let's say 400,000 background checks (?) for CCW. That's a minus. 29 states are now permit-less (constitutional) carry; that's a plus. And then some number of transferred firearms with no check; that's a wash. (It's not a 'new' firearm. It's  new to the buyer, but a loss to the seller.) And then anyone who bought more than one firearm per NICS check. That's a plus.

Regardless of the exact mathematics, my point was simply that IMO it's highly likely there's been a million 'new' firearms purchased every month. For 56 consecutive months. Think there is any overarching reason for that consistent volume?

I think they feel something is coming. If someone thinks there's an alternative reason for that volume, or no common reason at all for that volume, let me know. If you want to.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

The number for March was 1,400,000. So let's say 400,000 background checks (?) for CCW. That's a minus. 29 states are now permit-less (constitutional) carry; that's a plus. And then some number of transferred firearms with no check; that's a wash. (It's not a 'new' firearm. It's  new to the buyer, but a loss to the seller.) And then anyone who bought more than one firearm per NICS check. That's a plus.

Regardless of the exact mathematics, my point was simply that IMO it's highly likely there's been a million 'new' firearms purchased every month. For 56 consecutive months. Think there is any overarching reason for that consistent volume?

I think they feel something is coming. If someone thinks there's an alternative reason for that volume, or no common reason at all for that volume, let me know. If you want to.

I think the folks that witnessed the antics of so many groups back in 2020 haven’t forgotten, and they want to be prepared. Prepared meaning protecting themselves. 

I know about six people who have never owned a handgun, but bought one in the last few years, including my doctor and dentist, both of whom never owned a gun before.  

39 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

I know about six people who have never owned a handgun, but bought one in the last few years, including my doctor and dentist, both of whom never owned a gun before.  

I have similar stories. And they've explained to me why.

8 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Doesn’t Kentucky vet their concealed carriers each year or every month? 

Plus there are still thousands of firearms that transfer hands in states where person to person sales are still legal. 

Yes, like the airport director who was shot and killed by ATF agents recently, who was selling handguns at a gunshot via private sale.