I’m going on vacation in June & need to board my German Shepherd & was wondering what kennels you guys would recommend pls.? I reside in Jackson so not too far preferably. I boarded my first shepherd yrs ago in a kennel in Jackson & when I picked her up she was out of it. Like drugged or something. Maybe nothing but it was disconcerting. I’d kinda like web cams so I can visually check on him but if a great place, not absolutely necessary. It would be his first time so I’m a bit nervous about it. 
Thank you in advance. 

It's far for you but Barks Bed And Biscuit in Denville fits your needs. Has web cams on each kennel and in the play area.

Very good staff. I boarded both my dogs there several times but have not used them in the last 4 years as my dogs are getting up in age and I didn't want to stress them out too much.

Pertaining to being out of it both of them would sleep for days after they came home. They don't sleep well with all the other dogs around and they get a lot of time in the play area.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:44 AM, charleslee said:

I’m going on vacation in June & need to board my German Shepherd & was wondering what kennels you guys would recommend pls.? I reside in Jackson so not too far preferably. I boarded my first shepherd yrs ago in a kennel in Jackson & when I picked her up she was out of it. Like drugged or something. Maybe nothing but it was disconcerting. I’d kinda like web cams so I can visually check on him but if a great place, not absolutely necessary. It would be his first time so I’m a bit nervous about it. 
Thank you in advance. 

How about a reputable in-home pet sitting?

You can get three or four visits a day of personalized service for less then you'd pay for boarding. The dog sleeps in his own bed, eats his own food, in his own house and walks/plays in his neighborhood or yard. 

The dog will be less stressed in his nice familiar home and you can set up cameras as you wish. Some dogs think they've been abandoned when you dump them at a boarder with a lot of other stressed out dogs.  At home they know you're coming back.

I've been in the pet sitting business fo many years and we've never had any issues with people going away for a week or two on vacation.  

• Like 1