n4p226r

noveske

are they as good as people say they are? it seems they get a lot of good reviews. would it be better to put one of their uppers on another lower or just get a complete rifle from them? im the kind of person that would rather spend a few hundred more to get something great the first time instead of buying a cheaper one and upgrading

Noveske are definitely worth the money, if you're willing to pay for it. I saw plenty in theater (used by PMCs), and only heard good things about them. If you want to get a complete rifle, they do sell "sporter" versions (kinds without a front sight post and no bayo lug) with the option of permanently attaching the muzzle brake or not (though, I would get that checked out to make sure it is still NJ compliant). You would still have to get the stock pinned though. However, 1. good luck finding a complete Noveske rifle and 2. they are uber expensive. I would personally get an upper, and get a CMMG lower (or Colt, etc). The upper will still cost you 1400-1500$ retail, unless you can find a deal somewhere... and if you can find them in stock for that matter. Still a great product though, just be willing to pay for it.

what can i expect to pay for a complete one? i see them anywhere from $1800 - $2500. im not looking to get one today or anytime soon, so hopefully once i am ready, they may have caught up to demand.

i guess the question is, if i was to buy the complete noveske, should i sleep at night knowing i didnt spend money on just a name. i like the look of the wilson combat ut-15 but a lot of people say that is just paying for the name.

The range you specified is accurate I believe (though, you would have to contact an NJ FFL to get a better idea). Just keep in mind that you would most likely have to have it sent in to a place like ADCO to make it NJ compliant-- which will cost you a bit more. With that said, I would sleep easy at night, even if I spent a good chunk on the rifle. Noveskes are a combat-ready rifle, bottom line. And unlike other manufacturers, Noveske doesn't distinguish between civilian and LE/MIL products-- its all the same product. So, while the name is catching on, the price you pay for a Noveske is strictly for what you get, and not what is stamped on there.

Just a couple things to add to what's already been said:

One of the things that makes the Noveske N4 series of ARs a little different that everyone else is the steel they use for their barrels. If I remember correctly, most AR barrels are made from 4150 steel, where as the Noveske N4 barrels are made from the same steel as the M249 SAW/LMG. This is a much stronger alloy, but weighs the same as barrels made out of 4150. Noveske also uses 2-3 times the amount of chrome lining found in most chrome lined barrels. The combination of the stronger steel and extra chrome lining equals less risk of the barrel overheating and a longer barrel life. This, generally, is only a concern for people that shoot 1000s of rounds a year.

Regarding ADCO and NJ-ifying Noveske guns - copy/paste from ADCO:

"We do NOT disassemble uppers assembled by Noveske. He uses loctite on everything, and you cant pay us enough to take them apart."

This may or may not be an issue depending on the type of work you need done. Just a heads up.

Anyway, all that said, they have an excellent reputation, and you would undoubtedly be happy with one. Are they worth the extra money? Maybe. You're paying a slight premium for the name, but also for the reputation of quality associated with the name. I came this -> . <- close to buying an N4 Basic upper a couple days ago but decided at the last minute that I needed a few other things more at the moment. I'm sure I'll regret passing on it in a month or two when I start putting together an AR lower.

I have 3 Noveskes and had Adco do trigger jobs for all 3. That said Noveske's lowers are pretty much just anyone else's, with them you are definitely paying for the logo. The uppers i have are actually vltor rails and Noveske barrels (thats what he's famous for), and Noveske will build what you want and how you want it. You just have to wait. he should start taking on new work soon.

Noveske's are that good in my opinion.

One of the kind fellers at Noveske informed me that they usually have post ban (NJ compliant) uppers ready for shipment last I spoke with them. He went on to say they aren't very popular as only a few states require the ridiculous restrictions and they do not sell many.

Good Luck with your search!

Just a quick follow up to something I had written in this thread. I read in a thread over on arfcom that ADCO recently changed their policy on not disassembling Noveske assembled uppers. So if anyone is considering a Noveske and ADCO, go for it.

Just a quick follow up to something I had written in this thread. I read in a thread over on arfcom that ADCO recently changed their policy on not disassembling Noveske assembled uppers. So if anyone is considering a Noveske and ADCO, go for it.

Their main point was that they refused to take one apart, right?

Basically - it was specifically related to Noveske using a lot of loctite on the screws of the SWS rails if I remember correctly. If the work that was required did not need the rails to be removed, then it wasn't an issue. But, now, apparently, they'll disassemble a Noveske if it is required to complete the required service.

but, if you're buying from noveske i recall him telling me that he'd be happy to make it ban-compliant. so, why bother with shipping back and forth and extra hands handling it?

Agreed - I think a lot of people (myself included) were not aware that Noveske would do that. Another check in the plus column for Noveske.