Malsua

.44 Magnum revolvers

After shooting Mauser88's 629 , I picked up a 629 Classic 6.5 inches a couple of weeks ago at NJ Firearms Guild. Very enjoyable and recoil is not that bad. For some reason, I find that my 686 Pro with .357 has a harsher recoil - probably due to the weight difference of the 629.

New 629? How much they go for?

I have a 5" and 6.5" 629. If you're interested in changing grips, the x-frame factory neoprene grips fit the n-frames and cover the backstrap. I changed out both of mine. You can order right from S&W's site. Also, I have a super blackhawk bisley hunter in .41 mag which is great. Has a 7.5" barrel and came with scope rings....built like a brick s%$t house. I hand load .41 mag which is a have to 'cause they are more expensive than .44 mag....if you can find them. They all have a big bark but nothing like the .460, I have to wear ear plugs and muffs for that bastard.

Paid 875 at NJFG but seen them for less online. If I see something I like, I typically don't like waiting so I picked this one up.

Welcome to the "I need it now, and I don't care if I pay double" club. Sucks doesn't it ?? Two days later you realize what you've done and say to yourself I should have waited. :lol: