Caine

Over/Unders with single trigger question

Hope this isn't too silly of a question, but I have no experience with these types of shottys. Anyway, on over/under shotguns with a single trigger.. does the first trigger pull fire the top barrel, and the 2nd pull fire the bottom barrel? Or do they do something crazy like fire both barrels at the same time?

Over time they have been made in different configurations. Mine is fixed chokes with the bottom being modified and the top being full. Bottom fires first for the close shot and the top second in your direct line of sight for the second if you miss the first shot. I hope that makes sense. I have shot both one and two triggers and I prefer the single.

hmm interesting - never would've guessed that. So, basically, gun is safe, you move switch from safe to barrel 2, fire, move switch from barrel 2 to 1, and fire again?

No you are selecting what barrel to fire first with the first fire. You don't have to move the safety to fire the other barrel.

I never really gave O/Us much thought, but have been toying with the idea of one as a clay gun. Prob need to get my hands a couple to feel 'em out and see if I like 'em

Once you shoot one you will be hooked. I love hunting with mine. The nice part is you can get the same size barrel as on a pump or semi and have a shorter OAl because you do not need any room for the bolt to cycle. Comes in very handy when hunting for birds inside tree lines.

And they are better balanced for me..

If you want an affordable, reliable, field grade, beat the hell out of it and it will work under any condition O/U look at the Stoeger Condors. Great value for the price. I have had mine for 12/13 yrs. And I beat the hell out of the thing in the woods and briars under all weather contitions.

Thanks Tb. Looked up Stoeger and the rest of their line up and they have some pretty impressive shotguns for what seem like reasonable prices given the features. I also like that some of them come as 12/20 combos! Must.. control.. urge.. to.. buy.... :twisted:

I've been loooking them up and down too. In fact I live in DE and the Dicks here in North Wilmington has them for $379 with a $50 mail in discount. I shot a Browning Citori a couple weeks ago and it felt really good, and I know these two guns are on opposite sides of the quality spectrum, but the reviews of the Stoeger are pretty good.