SickRick

GLOCK Question ?!?!?!?!?!?!

He is correct. It is a federal law, I *think* it was part of Klinton's Gun ban back in '94. Basically the gist of it is, that a pistol needs to have a certain number of "safe" features before it can be imported. (Caliber, Weight, Size, among, I think other things). The .380 Glocks are so small that they were considered "Saturday Night Specials".. and therefore summarily banned by retards who got elected.

Ummmm, what shop was this?? Did you ask them why?

Are the mags that it comes with more than 15 rounds?

Is the Mag infront of the grip?

Is the overall weight to much?

The more than 15 round thing wouldn't make it illegal in the country, just the state...

He is correct. It is a federal law, I *think* it was part of Klinton's Gun ban back in '94. Basically the gist of it is, that a pistol needs to have a certain number of "safe" features before it can be imported. (Caliber, Weight, Size, among, I think other things). The .380 Glocks are so small that they were considered "Saturday Night Specials".. and therefore summarily banned by retards who got elected.

LOL

LOL

Partly due (I believe) to the SNS that Reagan got shot with.

LOL

Partly due (I believe) to the SNS that Reagan got shot with.

Reagan got shot with a .22 revolver. I'm confused what does that have to do with a .380 auto? Oh wait. Absolutely nothing. We are humble before you our omnipotent lawmakers!

The 1968 GCA requires that any pistol that's imported must have certain fearures regarding size, safeties, "target" grips, "target (serrated or checkered) trigger. etc. The regulation was largely drawn around the Walther model PP. The Glock design, while an excellent one doesn't have enough of these features to make the BATF&E happy. All this is of course, "for the children ..."

Larger Glock pistols, because of their size and chambering (9mm and larger) are O.K.

Couldn't Glock just start making these in Georgia?

I've never seem Glocks facilities but I have been to Sig's and H&K's. It most likely isn't as big as one would think. You simply can't just start up a new assembly process without detracting from other production. It might sound easy but it isn't.

Even so, I would think that is demand was that high they would consider it. But I don't think it would be. That market is big with the Keltec crowd right now. But I'm not a Marketing major...

Couldn't Glock just start making these in Georgia?

I've never seem Glocks facilities but I have been to Sig's and H&K's. It most likely isn't as big as one would think. You simply can't just start up a new assembly process without detracting from other production. It might sound easy but it isn't.

Even so, I would think that is demand was that high they would consider it. But I don't think it would be. That market is big with the Keltec crowd right now. But I'm not a Marketing major...

That's true. I guess since November, they've been pretty busy anyways. I was just messing around on Glock's site and like PK90 said, the G28 and G26 are the same size. There is really no advantage to go with the .380 over the more powerful 9mm, the capacity is the same.