Sign in to follow this  
Lublin

And now for something totally different

After I heard that crossbows are now legal in NJ and that there will be bow hunting allowed on Sundays, I felt a serious need to dive into the bow hunting world.

My brother, friend and I all ordered Jaguar crossbows and broadheads tonight. I've never handled a crossbow and don't even know what to expect, but for $135 it's not a huge risk to take. The reviews I've read are all glowing, though.

Anyone else going to give crossbows a try?

P.S. There's a bow hunting education class being held at Cherry Ridge range on September 20th, in case anyone is interested. I'll be there.

Jaguar Crossbow:

4523195081.swf

I am thinking about it Rich. I stopped bow hunting a about 5 yrs ago because of all the yahoos on public land. With Sunday open, hopefully they will be hung over. The crossbow idea is growing on me.

Tiny will never get one. There is no rapid firing with it.

Soemonr please insert the smiley face giving the middle finger !

I actually used to bow shoot in the boy scouts, and I just gave away my compound bow a few months ago

I've seen crossbows down at cheyenne for a while now, did they just become legal?

CJRPC has a nice archery range. Since I do not have many guns, maybe I should get one of these in case I needed it for home protection :D

Your crossbow now becomes a firearm I guess since the lower is a gun according to ATF.

I wonder if that would make it illegal during bow season. :?:

Isn't this an assault weapon in NJ? it has two evil features...

Pistol grip and.........?