Sign in to follow this  
bbk

Never Quit Grip

Some of you may or may have not heard of this AR accessory. As noted already, I'm talking of the Never Quit Grip. It is a rubber grip that easily installs over the magazine well, and allows for a more controlled off-hand grip for the individuals who opt to grip the mag well.

Now, yes, institutionalized training always says to grip the handguards (or the VFG if one is present). Unlike what people think, it will not cause bad feeds if the magazine well is gripped... though, grabbing the magazine itself is what causes the bad feeds. With that said, the recent progressions in technology for magazines has improved greatly, and most magazines, from my knowledge, allow for proper feeding (without having to do the mag-bump).

Personally, I never liked VFGs because if the opportunity to use a supported position was available, I wouldn't want some Snickerbar in the way. When I got my AR, and attached a VFG, my opinion was reaffirmed, and I opted to remove it. I originally was going to get a far more complicated mag well grip, but when I saw the Never Quit Grip for $24, figured it was worth at least trying. Like I said, installation took about 15 seconds (6 of which was finding a pen to punch out the trigger guard pin).

The material is quite solid. It fits well over the magazine well without really having to stretch it. I have a .223/5.56-chambered AR, so, for the .308, 6.5 or 6.8 I do not think it would fit without some stretching or customizing (or it might not fit at all). As you would imagine, it does cover the serial number and anything else on the magazine well. According to the site, it comes in: Black, Dark Earth, Desert, Force-on-force Blue, Red, and OD Green.

As for the feel, it has a groove which allows for a more natural grip (similar to the Pachmayr grips). I've tested holding it for comfort and shooting with both bare hands and gloves, and I had no issues. Also have got water and oil on it, and all residue/liquids wiped away without much effort.

I do not always utilize the grip, but I find it to be a far more comfortable alternative for myself. I know that some people prefer to choke up on the rifle as much as possible, while for others not necessarily. For those who opt to shoot in such a position, I think the Never Quit Grip is at least something worth looking in to.

Find more info at: https://www.neverquitgrip.com/

Cool idea. For a quick draw, the mag well is the first place with my fore hand.

It's the most comfortable place for my support hand. I use that grip to push the rifle against my shoulder. A few "older" shooters said for better control, I should hold on the hand guard, but the mag well is the most comfortable for me. As for the mag well grip, I don't think it's needed. Kinda overkill.