DevsAdvocate

Gun purchases that left you kicking yourself...

How about helping us noobs out and telling us which place to stay away from?

Everyone has a favorite gunshop or someone they consistantly go to just to look around and shoot the Sh!t. That same gunshop that you love to drop in to say hello might have run someone else the wrong way.

A few regrets:.....

I paid way too much for a WASR 10 during the recent frenzy of these guns. It is surely not worth the nearly 900 I paid for it. I do not regret owning it as I love the gun, it shots like an all out champion, eats whatever I give it (like me!), I just regret paying too much.

Live and learn

Every time I hear about this story, I get so mad at the shop that sold it to you ...... Sure you could have done some footwork or gone to another shop or online, but the fact that they put $900 on a WASR just shows their lack of ethics and the fact that they will screw you over at the drop of a hat....I actually do not go to that shop based on this story....

Why? What if it was a consignment sale? Also... these are gun shops, they're allowed to raise their prices to meet supply and demand, and if someone pays it, then more power to them. It's capitalism. :D

A few regrets:.....

I paid way too much for a WASR 10 during the recent frenzy of these guns. It is surely not worth the nearly 900 I paid for it. I do not regret owning it as I love the gun, it shots like an all out champion, eats whatever I give it (like me!), I just regret paying too much.

Live and learn

Every time I hear about this story, I get so mad at the shop that sold it to you ...... Sure you could have done some footwork or gone to another shop or online, but the fact that they put $900 on a WASR just shows their lack of ethics and the fact that they will screw you over at the drop of a hat....I actually do not go to that shop based on this story....

Why? What if it was a consignment sale? Also... these are gun shops, they're allowed to raise their prices to meet supply and demand, and if someone pays it, then more power to them. It's capitalism. :D

Let the buyer beware...I wasnt, so I paid the price

No regrets, it is what it is

No regrets on any firearm I've ever purchased over the years and that number is up there. The only regrets are the ones I've sold and let get away. These are mostly Colt's that I sold. 2 DS-II's, SF-VI, Special Lady, PeaceKeeper .357 (not the SAA), Diamondback (Nickel). Colt was still making them at the time of sale so the values were low. When I see what these are going for on GB, I want to kick myself. Got some of them back and now a double action Colt never leaves the stable.