Sign in to follow this  
sonman

HK USP 40 PICTURES

That was my Wifes first pistol. She loves it. Originally bought it because she thought it was cute.

No sh!t, Tim? It was my wifes first handgun as well. Picked it out herself.

Yeah, I taught her to shoot on my P220 when we were dating. She liked it so much she applied for her own permits and one day we were shooting at Ray's, went out to the counter to look for a Colt Mustang that she saw earlier, she saw the USP and said that is the one, no whimpy 9mm, I want the 40. I knew I had to marry her a that point.

I guess it was about ten years ago. Originally she was going for that Steyr with the triangle sights. Which I didn't like at all. We were all set until she saw the USP. Just like that she changed her mind. I pushed the 40 as I was still drinking the 40 kool aid at the time. Took her about five years to get bored of it. Sold it to Tips.

Nice blaster, but I can't see spending an extra couple of hundred bucks for another plastic gun when Glock, XD, M&P, Beretta, and Taurus make similar guns. I guess HK fans might chime in here and start yelling at me.

I hear what you are saying Ray, the only thing I can say is I have been an HK fan since I was in high school (grad. in '79), bought my first HK in 1981, bought the USP in 1994 for $673.00 and have not had one problem since then. Between my USP and my Sig 220 they are perfect and would trust them 24-7, I also have a HK P9S .45 & a HK model 4 in .380 that are very temperamental and would not trust them as far as I could through them, but I still love them.

I had picked up the an HK 45 (not sure which one, but it was a full size polymer gun) at Caso's last week and it does feel good in my hands. Much better than a Glock. But the XD 45 tactical is a great gun that fits me perfectly and at an affordable price. Just check out my avatar and you'll see what I mean.

I had picked up the an HK 45 (not sure which one, but it was a full size polymer gun) at Caso's last week and it does feel good in my hands. Much better than a Glock. But the XD 45 tactical is a great gun that fits me perfectly and at an affordable price. Just check out my avatar and you'll see what I mean.

I have an HK USP45F, SA 1911 Loaded and XD45Tactical. The USP is the easiest for me to accurately. I can shoot the USP, 1911 and XD to the same level of accuracy (5 round slow fire groups at 15 yards into 1"-2"), but the XD is, for me, the hardest to shoot to that level. The USP is easiest .... for me, and the USP groups tend to be more in the 1" range. I think a lot of it depends on the user's hands. The XD Tact is a great looking gun, at a great price (paid $500 for mine) and packs 13 rounds in the mag. If it works for you, go for it!!! Haven't fired the HK45 yet, but have held one at Bullet Hole. This and the HKp30/L are the best feeling guns I've ever put in my hand. I love my USP, but it feels like a brick in comparison the newest HK plastic.

I have an HK USP45F, SA 1911 Loaded and XD45Tactical. The USP is the easiest for me to accurately. I can shoot the USP, 1911 and XD to the same level of accuracy (5 round slow fire groups at 15 yards into 1"-2"), but the XD is, for me, the hardest to shoot to that level. The USP is easiest .... for me, and the USP groups tend to be more in the 1" range. I think a lot of it depends on the user's hands. The XD Tact is a great looking gun, at a great price (paid $500 for mine) and packs 13 rounds in the mag. If it works for you, go for it!!! Haven't fired the HK45 yet, but have held one at Bullet Hole. This and the HKp30/L are the best feeling guns I've ever put in my hand. I love my USP, but it feels like a brick in comparison the newest HK plastic.

I had money down on a USP .45 Tactical at the Bullet Hole. The day I went to pick up the one that they had literally ordered for me, I saw that they had just gotten in an entire shipment of HK's. Right there in the display case was an HK I'd never seen before, the HK45. I asked to see that as well, and after handling the two of them well.... the rest is history.

OP: what did that light cost you?

ive had my USP 40 since 92 or 93. i like it, but my glock feels better in my hand, especially with the wraparound grip sleeve. theres something about the backstrap that tends to slide when im holding it.

FYI: i have a never used, brand new desantis leather holster for the USP i can let go if someone wants it bad enough.

OP: what did that light cost you?

ive had my USP 40 since 92 or 93. i like it, but my glock feels better in my hand, especially with the wraparound grip sleeve. theres something about the backstrap that tends to slide when im holding it.

FYI: i have a never used, brand new desantis leather holster for the USP i can let go if someone wants it bad enough.

the light was ridiculous when i bought it, it was right after i bought the gun around 1994, it was $215.00, i heard they are alot cheaper now.