tinyboy

FN P45

From a little distance, it looks a lot like the S&W Sigma series pistol, which I was never a fan of. The controls are a decent mix of existing poly guns. The slide release it flat, glock style, although it is ambidextrous (nice for a lefty like me). The takedown lever is a chunky lever, like Sigs. The thumb safety reminds me of the one on HK USPs. The grips are big, like you'd expect in a 45, but not as big as a Glock 21.

I can't endorse it or knock it because I haven't fired it, but if you're interested I would say it looks like a quality pistol and is worth checking out.

I've handled one at Bullet Hole and it seems like an HK USP for less $. Haven't fired one, but from the user reports I've read on AR15.com, The Firing Line, FN Forums.com, etc., universally the pistol is very liked. Very accurate and reliable. The "G" model (has thumb actuated safety for cocked 'n locked, like the USP) is the one I'd go for. It comes w/ at least 2 mags, maybe 3, and one of them is definitely a 15 rounder, the other(s) is/are 14 rounds. Only downside I've seen is that mags aren't the easiest to come by, they are a bit pricey and holster selection is very limited. In comparing to an HK USP45F (since I own an HK USP45F), ergo's are very good and the slide doesn't seem as high bore axis as compared to the HK. I thought in handling it, the sights were pretty decent as well. Trigger on the FN is arguably better/lighter, especially in DA. Again, from the range reports I've seen, the pistol is in the same accuracy class as an HK USP45F.

I own one and like it,shot very few rounds so far but impressed with accuracy and light recoil.Have the USG model,came with 2-14rd and 1-15rd mags.Bought mine a few months back when they were hard to find.Paul at Arms & Ammo was able to locate and gave the best price.